6” x 6” piece of card stock
Ultimate Crafters Companion
Springtime Sweets & Cupcake Treats Embossing Board
TopScore Multi Board
Sharp nose scissors or exacto knife
½” hand punch
Crafters Companion Tape Runner
Valentine Candy Box
2. Using the Top Score multi board place the edge of paper on the Tri-Fold US Letter line. Score the paper on the line just below it with your embossing tool. This will make a ¼” fold. Fold up on the score line.
3. Bring the straight edge of the paper to the edge of the fold and crease the cardstock.
4. Using the largest circle on the Springtime Sweets & Cupcake Treats embossing board line up the middle of the largest circle to the middle of the folded cardstock. You will be placing the short edge of the box as close to the top of the circle as you can. Take your embossing tool and trace the top of the circle as shown. Cut away the excess paper on the score line.
6. Using the Ultimate Crafters Companion lay the long edge of the box on a decorative edge of your choice. (There are decorative edges on the outside and on the inside of the Ultimate tool.) With the embossing tool trace the design on the wrong side of the box. Repeat on all 4 long edges as shown.
7. Find the long heart design on the Springtime Sweets and Cupcake Treats Embossing board and trace the design on the wrong side of the box on one of
8. Use an exacto knife or small blade scissors to cut out the heart.
9. Place a piece of acetate large enough to cover the heart on the wrong side of the box. Use the Crafters adhesive to adhere the acetate to the inside of the heart.
10. Take a ½” hand punch and punch out a half circle on two of the opposite ends of the box. This will allow the box to be opened more easily.
In the sample I applied rhinestones around the opening of the heart. Even though the cutouts on the flaps on not showing in the picture they are on the flaps that are hidden. Now fill with your favorite candy for your Valentine!