Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Gift boxes

When I started using The Ultimate Crafters Companion tool, I was amazed how quickly and perfectly my boxes came out. These are the first two boxes I created.   Both were made from an 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 square sheet of Pearlescent paper.  You can also use 12 x 12 paper, if you want to make larger boxes.  By changing the score line while making them, I was able to decide how large I wanted each box without having to measure anything.  The directions were very simple and easy to follow.




The first gift box I made I decide to use my Cute Companions Duo's Stamp set, Handmade with Love.  I began by adding designer paper to the sides of the lid.  I then wrapped ribbon around the lid, adhering the edges inside the box with adhesive.  After adding a few flowers, I colored my stamped card image and used pop dots to adhere it to the box.  







Handmade with love has so many adorable images, perfect for personalize a gift or card.  Isn't the mouse with the paintbrush adorable?

















The second box I made in five minute!  Having already made the first one, I quickly whipped through making it and added a sheet of designer paper to the top of the lid.  I attached a quick Baby sentiment to it and I was done.  Perfect for adding a gift certificate to for a last minute gift.  I'm looking forward to trying out the Octogon and triangular boxes next.  What are your favorite boxes to make with your Ultimate Tool?


Denise

7 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Girl, these boxes rock!! I can totally see putting a sweet baby outfit in the baby box. And I want, want, want that stamp set with that adorable mouse! Can't you just think of a million different things you can make with that card stamp??!! Love it!!

Lorraine said...

oh wow these gift boxes are so cute i love the stamp set you used i too love the mouse with the paintbrush xx

Michelle said...

I made nine truffle boxes for my daughter's school teachers, I thought they were pretty cute! These are very pretty.

Bindy Lambell said...

These are beautiful! They are so professionally made that at first I thought you bought the box and then decorated it. The fact you made even the box is VERY impressive. Anyone would be lucky to get a gift in them!

Eileen Bergen said...

My Crafter's Companion is on its way to me via UPS. I've been waiting for it to be available in the U.S. for over a year.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to start trying some of these beautiful projects. I love both of the boxes. Thanks for sharing them, Denise.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are great! I think I need one of these!

Ann Kranitz said...

These boxes are super cute!! They are so perfect