Thursday, March 24, 2011

Techniques List From Our Last Contest

Hello,

Here is the list of techniques that was sent to me from all of you who entered the contest! Thank you so much to everyone that participated. I hope this gives you some inspiration.

*My favorite paper crafting technique is using a paper piercer to add dimension and interest to borders and shapes. I use it to make a hole in each scallop of a border or scalloped circle, to make an edging around a frame or square mat. I lightly draw a scroll or flourish on cardstock, and then use my piercer to make a hole long the line, then lightly brush over the holes with ink to make the holes stand out. When I first got a paper piercer I didn't think I would ever use it, but it's become my go-to tool! I also use it to poke thin ribbon or twine through eyelet holes and insert it in between the legs of a brad to help open it on the backside of cardstock!

Shartl


*I like to distress the edges of my cardstock, then wet the rough edges before dabing on ink--that way the ink absorbs into the edges and instead of being jagged, it looks softer.

Alecia

*You can probably use the Ultimate tool for this technique.
I score about every 1/4” on white card stock, use Distress Ink and sponge. This will make your project look like a wood box. I also used it on a roof, and scored it like roof shingles.

Leah Ann

*I love making my own beaded stick pins! The technique is very easy and inexpensive and they make great embellishments.www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Carri

*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUtJcEjmBsI&tracker=False

Paula Schober

*My favorite technique has to be brayering. It gives such a beautiful effect and is so easy to achieve. You can take rubber bands and wrap them around the brayer. Then roll the brayer in ink and imprint any paper you like.

Emma Bourke

*Favorite technique at the moment: using alcohol inks, Glimmer Mist, and Copics to create color coordinated embellishments. So much fun to use them with Nesties and templates too!
Kristin

*I recently bought a brayer and for a little bit of difference I found that if you wrap bubble wrap around it before inking then roll over your paper it gives instant cute backing paper in what ever color you like.

I have the ultimate tool and you will love it.  I use it every time I craft.

Lorraine

*One of my favorite crafty techniques is to use a distressing tool around my paper to give it a fun, worn look with a little texture!
Kelly Massman

*I really like my Colorbox chalks and like to ink the edges of lots of things. It started off on mats and then went on to chipboard and even flowers. I’ve even inked my pages with dabbers and other paint products, but as I mentioned inking with Colorbox chalks is something that I continue to come back to time and time again.
 Della

*My favorite thing to use the embossing tool to give the card more life. When I do the coloring I use chalks to make an outline or shadow.
Anna Müller

*I like taking a fine tip black marker and make stitch marks on the edges of my paper. I will sometimes use strips of paper randomly glued to card stock and then make the stitch marks around them for a sewn look

Anonymous

*My current favorite technique is to use the ridiculously large stapler that my mother got me for Christmas and staple ribbon on my layouts or cards.  It is so quick and easy and adds a great level of texture and fun to your creations. 

I just bend and fold the ribbon randomly and staple as needed to tack it down. I am really obsessed with this technique now and you can still do it with a regular stapler.  (no need to have my ginormous stapler...although you would love having it!!  It rocks!!)

Stacy

5 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Thank you for all the great tips and inspirational ideas ladies!!! Can't wait to give some a try.

Stacy H-W said...

So many great ideas!! Thanks for sharing everyone.

Lorraine said...

fab ideas thanks for sharing them all with us xx

Amy's Designs said...

Congrats and thank you for sharing these ideas.

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow....awesome tips!!