Monday, April 18, 2011

Anyone looking for Fairies??? They are right here!

It's Katrina again!!  It doesn't seem like it has been that long since I posted, but I guess it has!  Since the weather has been nice, time is just flying.......

Which, what else flies??  Fairies!  I got to play with the new Fairyopolis goodies! Crafter's Companion just keeps coming up with new stuff all the time, I almost can't keep up.  Notice I said...almost!  

One of the goodies I played with was the Card Making Kit, which would make a wonderful gift for a crafting fairy lover!  It has two sizes of cards, pre-folded and ready to decorate.  AND then it has stickers, rub-ons, flowers, gems, die cuts and foam squares included.  All you have to do is create!  Here is what I made with the kit, in literally no time at all....everything goes together so perfectly, the hardest part is picking out what you want to use first!  
 
The rub-ons in the kit make it SUPER easy to decorate your envelopes also!!  Poor envelopes, they get left out of the decorating process most of the time....but these would go thru the postal system easy!  Here's a close up below...I pop dotted the bench and then pop dotted the Fairy on top of the bench!  See the detail in the butterfly rub on....LOVE it!


Then, I got to play with the Fairyopolis stamps from the Summer collection and the 12x12 paper pad that goes along with Fairyopolis.  I decided to make a tag.  It would be so cute to put on a gift or you could prop it up in a shadow box.


I stamped the Fairy on white cardstock and colored her in with some watercolor pencils.  The flowers behind her are a separate stamp in the set, but I didn't want them to "show" as much.  So, I stamped them on the paper from the 12x12 pad that I used to cover my tag.  I then lightly colored them, trimmed around the image and placed them behind her.  They just blend in that way!  

That's it for me today!!!  Don't forget to become a follower over on the right hand side.  Visit all our DT blogs and look for the Crafter's Companion post on April 1, 2011....comment and you could win!!!!

The Fairyopolis range of papercrafting products used in this product launch on April 21st!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

GORGEOUS!!! Who can resist these beautiful faeries!?!

Tammy said...

Those are such cool fairies....Great creations!
smiles...Tammy

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fabulous projects Katrina!!!

Amy's Designs said...

I have to say I was just a little intimidated by this kit but after I opened it up and got started it really is super easy anyone can do it. You can follow the directions or you can design your own. Great job Katrina!!