Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Believing in Fairies

I hope our Fairyopolis Fairies continue to do good deeds. My name is Bindy and I am actually not on the design team but I do proudly work for Crafter's Companion. I oversee the Design Team and I am the online marketing manager for the USA. I had a lot of fun making this card and hope I get to do it again soon.

Today I have designed a card using several of our Fairyopolis products.




Materials List (Available April 21st)

Fall Collection of Fairyopolis Fairies, Words, Do you  Believe in Fairies?-FF-FO-CS3
4" X 6" Cards and Envelopes-Item# FF-FO-CE1
6" X 12" Decoupage Sheets-Item# FF-FO-DS1
Collall 3D Decoupage glue-COL3D80MLSET
Extra Strong Permanent Tape Runner-CC-ADH-Tape
4" X 6" Run Ons-Item# FF-FO-RO2
ATC size die cut
Assorted Markers
Brown in pad
Fine glitter
White craft glue
Self Adhesive suede trim
Rock A Blocks-CCRAB1

Instructions

Take the ATC card and using the marker in the color of your choice, rub the marker on the "Do you Believe in Fairies" stamp that has been adhered to a small Rock A Block handle. Stamp randomly on the ATC card. Using the brown ink pad, rub the ink on the edges of the ATC card and on the top of the card, close to the edge as shown in the picture.

Use the tape runner and put adhesive on the back of the stamped ATC card. Press the ATC card firmly at an angle on the pre printed folded card.

Pick a fairy from the Decoupage collection and glue the bottom piece that is the full image to the ATC card. Keep layering the pieces until you are happy with it, using the Collalll 3-D glue in between the layers, but do not press the layers together. You will want a small space between the layers to achieve the 3 dimensional look.

Using the Rub Ons, place the two butterflies on opposite corners of the card.

Take some white glue and put a dab on the end of your finger, then smudge it on the card randomly. Immediately sprinkle with fine glitter. Take the white glue and outline or fill in the desired areas of the wings of the fairy, then immediately sprinkle with fine glitter.

On my card, I took flat suede trim that was pre glued and put it on both ends of the card.

I hope I was able to inspire you using several of Crafter's Companion products. This card took less than 30 minutes to create once I assembled all the materials.

Have a great week.

Bindy



 

-FO-CE1

10 comments:

Denise said...

Your card is beautiful Bindy. Love your tutorial :)

Linda W. said...

Just a gorgeous card, Bindy, and very well explained tut! The card is so rich looking! Crafter's Companion really rocks!

Khristen said...

Love this card, Bindy! The colors are so rich and gorgeous, and I love the random sparkle. Thanks for sharing how you made this, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets right in there with her fingertips to spread glue all over the place :)

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fantastic card Bindy!!!

Bindy said...

Thanks everyone, it's been a while since I actually made a card, but this was fun. I guess me writing tuts for bead magazines kind of spilled over to this card. Oops lol

JINKYSCRAFTS said...

Great tutorial and fantastic card, Bindy. It's PERFECT! Love it!

Stacy H-W said...

Lovely card Bindy!!

Amy's Designs said...

Bindy this card is amazing! I love how this fairy looks like she is literaly dancing off of the card. So great!

Marlene said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Katrina said...

Bindy, this is wonderful!!!!