Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fabulous Fairyopolis Embellished Cards


Hello everyone!  My name is Carmi Cimicata and I am a Canadian member of the Crafter's Companion design team.  I am a full time artist that specializes in paper arts.  Greeting cards are my specialty so naturally I am thrilled to be presenting my ideas on how to use the new Fairyopolis Cardmaking kit.


If you have been following this blog you'll have read how our entire design team is loving this new kit.  From the moment you open it you'll find so much to look at that you won't know where to start.  I decided to review the Ideas Booklet first to see what the original designers came up with as samples for the kit.  And that's when I had my idea.  I would use the The Fairyopolis artwork in the ideas book to create the embellishments below!
I make a lot of resin filled bezels for my cards and to use as wearable art.  To make these four items I cut a few of the cute images from the idea booklet and glued them into my bezel form.  I added a little glitter and a charm or two and then I had four new embellishments to work with.  I filled these with resin and let them dry for 48 hours.  When I say you can use every square inch of this kit I mean it!
Then I pulled my favorite items out of the kit.  3D decoupage!  These die cut sheets are exceptional.  They are easy to work with and as you can see they pop out beautifully.  No scissors required!  I selected four fairies for my card set.
I built these 3d layers up with Collall Glue Kit - a special 3d glue.  This polymer glue is odourless and dries transparent. 
 While all my layers were drying I added a little glitter glue.

 My next step was to cut a few pieces of ribbon I selected from my stock.  In the kit you'll find the most fantastic rub-ons!  Did you know you can place rub-ons right onto ribbon?  They make everyday ribbon look custom designed!  Oh, and these special words are in the hand writing of the original artist: Cicley Mary Barker!  I thought the font was beautiful.


I used the larger 6 x 6 card bodies that are in the kit for all my cards.  These cards are so beautiful that you don't need to do any additional layering.  I attached my 3d fairies and my resin filled bezels with a little more glue and each card was finished.

  I hope you like them!
These cards might not leave my collection!
Oh and one final note!  The kit comes with a beautiful sheet of rub-ons for the back of your cards.
Now all my backs are as pretty as the fronts!

15 comments:

Carla said...

In a word lovely!

Anne said...

Gorgeous Carmi keep up the good work you might just convince Sara to start stocking the resin etc

Khristen said...

Beautiful!

Linda W. said...

Beautiful cards - I really REALLY love this card kit too!

fishyfacedesigns said...

I can't believe you didnt waste a thing! How awesome and I love the wearable art! These are very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

How lovely! xx

Denise said...

Absolutely gorgeous Carmi!

Carmi said...

Thanks everyone! When a product design is this good...it is easy to come up with ideas!

Tammy said...

These are just beautiful....great images and techniques are so inspiring.
smiles...Tammy

indie said...

Absaloutley beautiful...stunning:) x

Marlene said...

Stunning!

JINKYSCRAFTS said...

wow..what a beautiful cards, Carmi! Love it!

Eileen Bergen said...

Exquisite, Carmi. Thank you for the detailed instructions.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Awesome cards!!!

Auntie Em said...

These are so sweet! I love how easy the Crafter's Companion sets are to assemble.
Thanks for sharing and inspiring! :)