Friday, April 22, 2011

Fantastic Fairyopolis Friday



Hello everyone,


It is Stacy here.  Prepare to be inundated with photographs!!  lol  I am so excited about the project I made for today that I can hardly wait to share!!  And share BIG! ha ha


If you read my last post you will remember how excited I was to get my Fairyopolis goodies in the mail.   Man...it was Christmas and my birthday all rolled up into one gorgeous package!  There are so many fantastic things in just the card making kit alone.  Cards, envelopes, stickers, rub-ons, decoupage sheets and the list goes on.


It was all so pretty that I wanted to do something special with it. I decided to decorate a Printers Tray for my daughter.  I used paper from my 12 x 12 Fairyopolis Paper Pack.   I picked 3 different pattern papers and cut each to the sizes I needed and then inked the edges.  I decoupaged 5 of the fairies from the Fairyopolis Card Making Kit. (there are still a ton left to work with!)

Are you familiar with decoupage? It is basically just layering multiple copies of the same image. I used some Collall Glue (Decoupage (3D) glue) between the layers to give it added dimension.  This glue was great! No odor, colorless and easy to work with.  It also gives you a little extra time to reposition the pieces before it dries.  Awesome stuff.

I inked some letters I had in my stash for the wording, "Dream Big" and added some Stickles.  The Fairyopolis Card Making Kit comes with these great rub on sentiments, butterflies and fairies.  I added a few to some of the boxes.  I also used some of the stickers they supplied too.  There is so much good stuff in this kit it was hard to narrow down the list of what I wanted to use! lol

I pulled the flowers out of my stash and inked them up because they were a bit too bright at first. I added some brads to the centers in complimentary colors.  I used butterflies from the kit and also from my stash.  I added some extra sparkle with Stickles and some bling.  Because really....you can never have too much sparkle in my opinion!  ha Especially with FAIRIES!!


I really love how it turned out.  My daughter loves it too.  In fact, we are now having a bit of a tussle because all of my kids like it (even the boys) and are fighting to have it in their rooms!


I bet you are dying to get some of these Fairyopolis goodies and make something fabulous of your own!! You definitely wouldn't be sorry if you did.


Have an awesome weekend!!














13 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

OMgoodness, Stacy! This is beyond words! It is gorgeous! She will cherish this forever I am sure!!!!! I'll be thinking of this all weekend!!! :-)

Frea said...

Hi Stacy. OMG this is just soooo drop dead gorgeous!!! WOw hun, you rock!! Hugs, Frea

Kim said...

Very Pretty:)

kathy said...

OMG Awesome,the time it must have taken, thank you.

Khristen said...

GORGEOUS! You made something so very amazing, and it has inspired me :) I have a couple of little fairies of my own who would love a wall hanging like this. I guess it's time for you to make some for the boys, right? :) xoxo

Linda W. said...

Stacy, I'm sure you know how beautiful this production is! You've inspired all of this to try to create something with and for our little fairies! Way to go lady!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fabulous project!!!

Stacy H-W said...

Thanks for the sweet comments! I will definitely have to get busy on a couple more of these for the boys! LOL

Denise said...

Beautiful tray Stacy. Love it!

Bindy Lambell said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!! This project is so beautiful and I can see all the love that went into it. I am in awe!

Amy's Designs said...

Stacy I LOVE this! I am in need of this for my room. I have fairies all over. This would make a great addition. :)

Katrina said...

Very very adorable!!!!!! love it!

Cindy said...

GORGEOUS SO GEORGEOUS!!!!!!! I just adore it so much! What a fun idea.