Friday, April 8, 2011

S.W.A.L.K. - A Little Note - Stacy H-W



Hello everyone,


It's Stacy and look at me posting twice in one week!!


I'm just loving these S.W.A.L.K. stamp sets so much I couldn't stay away!! lol This time I am sharing a card I made with my new S.W.A.L.K. rubber stamp collection 3 "A little note" stamp set.


Yesterday, I was so excited because I received some totally gorgeous goodies in the mail. It was like Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one. And what did I get you ask?? I received some of the soon to be released Fairyopolis collection. This collection will debut on April 21st. Oh my goodness, it is all so FABULOUS!! I can hardly wait to share my creations with you! But that is for another day.


The reason I mentioned getting all my lovely goodies is because in my box I received the 12 x12 Fairyopolis paper pack. (Gorgeous) And because it is so gorgeous I couldn't wait to use some of this paper on my card. I also used some green paper from my Crafter's Companion Mixed Card and Paper Packs - Brights. I just love the sparkle and shine of this paper. The ribbon and bling are from my stash.


Do you guys ever have happy accidents?? One of my favorite things to do right now is to staple ribbon on my projects in a random pattern. Today this was such a good thing because as I was finishing up my card I accidentally dropped my black stamp pad...face down on top of my card! I almost cried. There was black ink all down one side of my topper. I had to get up and walk away for awhile but then I came back and had a good hard look at it. That is when I decided that a piece of luscious purple ribbon would fix the problem.

What do you think?? Should I have started over??


Don't forget that the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog is having a fun Flower challenge this month and the prize for the winner is a ton of Fairyopolis goodies! Go join in!!

7 comments:

Jinkyscrafts said...

Stacy, This card is beautiful! Love the S.W.A.L.K. stamp image and the "accidental" ribbon detail. I can relate to you. I just dropped my marker on one of my stamp image after coloring it yesterday. I wish I can put ribbon too. lol!

Tammy said...

This is adorable....i so relate to accidents.
I try and do the best cover up I know how...because it seems to always happen at the end of the creation...why is that~I wonder. haha
You can't even tell.
smiles...Tammy

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

totally adorable card!!!

Kelly Massman said...

Sweet card Stacy!

Eileen Bergen said...

Adorable!

I recently painted a lovely bamboo design on a resin soap dish. I picked up a can of spray acrylic to clear coat and seal it.

The spray came out red! Someone (probably me) had moved the cans around.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great cards!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

I love your beautiful coloring on this project