Friday, May 27, 2011

Basket Project featuring the Boxer Board

Good morning! I am pleased to be making my first post for Crafter's Companion, in my opinion the most innovative company in the crafting industry. Yes, there are a lot of nifty papercrafting gadgets out there these days, but I feel the Ultimate Crafter's Companion is the most versatile tool for the money. With all of the add-ons available, the sky's the limit!

First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Khristen, and I am from East Rochester, NH. I have a wonderfully supportive husband, Eryk, and three of the best scrapbook subjects (a.k.a. children): Andraia is 11, Rileigh is 9, and Patryk is 3. If I'm not here in the craft room designing my little heart out, I enjoy spending time with these crazy people. I stay home with the kids while hubby works his little 3rd shift tushie off, which means I do EVERYTHING around here...including carting them to and from practices/recitals/concerts all over the city. I also make some crafty money writing for a GPS device news blog (strange, I know, but it's nice to buy scrappy goodies without robbing hubby's wallet!) I am an avid gardener, both flower and veggie, and make much more than home decor. We make all of our own bread products, granola bars, and even goldfish crackers, and grow veggies to enjoy year-round. I guess I'm stuck back in the golden age of the home maker. Oh how I wish the world was like this!

After playing around with the Ultimate tool and making a couple of practice boxes, I felt ready to pop in the Advanced Construction Techniques DVD and try something new. This pretty basket tutorial caught my eye, as it's quite the versatile little gift container. You can fill it with anything you'd like...candy, baked goods, votive candle holders or candles, tealights, etc. I plan to purchase a votive candle holder set for a friend's birthday that is coming up to place inside. Such a great way to receive a gift!
The instructions provided on the DVD were so simple to follow along with, and this basket came together in a matter of minutes. I think when all was said and done, 20 minutes had passed (and most of the time was spent selecting paper and watching what Sara Davies was doing in the tutorial. Easy as pie!
I chose this beautiful double sided paper, and a coordinating paper for the inserts. Seam binding tape finishes it off nicely, as well as a gorgeous satin bow made using the bow tying feature of the Ultimate tool. I love this thing, as I am HORRIBLE at tying bows. This perfectionist is now in heaven! My bows will come out perfectly every time.
If you love giving handmade gifts to people and have the Ultimate Crafter's Companion, why don't you take it one step further and get yourself the Advanced Construction Techniques DVD along with the Boxer and Enveloboxer boards? When the gift is handmade as well as the container that holds the gift, isn't it so much more special?

Hope you all have a great day, I'm off to make a special gift container for hubby's father's day gift. Can't wait to share it with you all!

6 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Khristen, your box rocks!! So, so pretty! I bet your friend will be absolutely thrilled when she gets it.

JinkyK said...

beautiful basket Khristen! Love the DP you used. Great job!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fantastic project!!!

Bindy said...

What a great little gift basket. I can just see bath soaps, a small loofa, moisturizer and a body wash in it. Hmmmm, another gift idea! At this rate I will be done with Christmas gifts before Halloween. Thanks!

kathy said...

What a wonderful gift Idea,I can see it all full of christmas cookies and mini muffin,red and green tissue paper, Thank you so much!!!

Khristen said...

Oooh, love your idea of goodies to place inside, Bindy! Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!