Friday, May 6, 2011

Butterfly card using Paint Fushion

Here's a wonderful card I made with a beautiful sets of products that have been released by Crafter's Companion. These products are set up with a great DVD featuring famous artist Sheena Douglass. She is very well know for her fabulous painting techniques. Now, they have combined her techniques with RUBBER STAMPS! There are wonderful stamps, practice sheets (that are laminated so you can use them over and over) and a DVD to teach you her techniques to paint.I will say that I have NO experience painting. Hopefully that gives you an idea of how great the kit is, since I was able to sit down, watch the video, and make this card. I will honestly say this is the FIRST one I did. I had a ton of fun by first making the crackle backgrounds using the Green Glue, but as for the painting of the butterfly and leaves, I did the painting on the practice laminated sheets and then straight onto this crackle background shown here.

The painted butterfly and the stamped word "Butterfly" come from the Butterfly set available only in the special bundle set available for a limited time. The leaves shown here come from the Rosebud Set. The colors of Eco Green Crafts' Acrylic Paint that I used on the image here are Primary Red, Rose, New Grass and White. For the crackle background I used an ordinary piece of matt board and paint colors Raspberry and Butternut. After the image completely dried, I used a very old nail file to roughen the edges of the entire painted image including rubbing it gently across some of the painted area. Note the bottom of the leaves, how you can see the stamped image of the veins very faintly.

So, this has been my start into the realm that mixes painting and stamping together. Check out all the new Sheena Douglass products and join me in the fun!

Cheers all!

7 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Such a beautiful card Holley!! I love the colors you used. Your painting is great and that mesh you used as a mat really gives the card texture.

Linda W. said...

Just gorgeous Holley! You did an awesome job!

JINKYSCRAFTS said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Holley! I love the colors you used here and I love the mesh mat. It's perfect!

Amy's Designs said...

Holley Holley Holley this is gorgeous! I love it! This is amazing!

ania said...

Przepiękna karteczka!!! Bardzo mi się podoba! Pozdrawiam!

Cross stitch said...

lovely butterfly card. I must look out for these kits, I am very interested in making my own cards

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fantastic project Holley!!