Monday, May 23, 2011

Fairy tea light card

Good morning,

I can't wait to show you my project for today.  I used both our brand new Boxer and Envelobox boards for my Ultimate Crafters Companion Tool, as well as the The Ultimate Crafter's Companion Advanced Construction Techniques DVD.  This amazing video allows you to take your cards and envelopes to a whole new level.  

I decided to start off by making one of the beginner projects on the DVD, the Tea Light Card.  On the DVD Sara Davies, the creator of these amazing tools, takes you through each step.  It was so each to follow her directions as she made each project.  Look what I was able to make for my very first project:


Is that a wicked cool card, or what?  I used paper from our Fairyopolis 12x12 Paper Pad to create the card.  The entire card is made from one piece of paper.  I then used a yellow sheet of paper from the same paper pad to create the border on the front of the card.  The images are rub-ons from the Fairyopolis Complete Cardmaking Kit.  I absolutely love these rub-ons!  They always go on perfectly.  I can't stand when pieces of rub-ons won't come off their sheet.  I also applied two Fairyopolis rub-ons inside the card as well.

Next, I followed along with the DVD and made a perfect Envelobox to fit my Tea Card.  I applied a couple more rub-ons the front of the Envelobox and back flap of it.  Now it's ready to be addressed and mailed off.  


Wouldn't these be perfect for Christmas time with some Tree or Cinnamon scented candles?  Or perhaps for a teacher or someone who isn't feeling well?  I plan on making lots of these this year.  I love how easy and amazingly beautiful they are.  And this is only the first project I've created.  There are so many fabulous idea on the DVD, I am looking forward to making them all:)

Have a wonderful week,

Denise

6 comments:

Jacilynn said...

this turned out great! love the new plates!

Kelly Massman said...

What a great idea! This is really beautiful, too, Denise!

Bindy Lambell said...

I can't wait to make a bunch of these as Christmas gifts this year. Beautiful Job Denise.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wonderful project!!!

Stacy H-W said...

Totally cool card!! I just love the idea of adding the tea lights. You could add a ton of neat things inside this little box. Can't wait to make my own!!

Linda said...

I love this card. Right now im just trying to learn my box ^^ Its trixy, i would liked to have it in swedish (: