Thursday, May 26, 2011

The New Ultimate DVD and Boards!

Hi everyone.  This is Carmi posting again!
I could not be prouder of these three new cards.
To make these cards I started by unpacking The Boxer and Envelobox Creator Bundle with Advanced Techniques DVD for the Ultimate.  I have been using my Ultimate (the purple case you see on my table) from Crafter's Companion for a year now so these boards were a nice new challenge.  I had a wonderful afternoon watching the new DVD with a pot of tea.  I could not wait to start a project and like a few of the other members of this design team I just loved the Tea Light card.
You would not believe that a three dimensional card could be created from one piece of card stock!  The extra cutting allows you to add a small piece of acetate to make the window.  All this then folds and becomes the card you see in my sample photo.  The DVD instructions are easy to follow. 
I also brought my Fairyopolis papers and Card making kit to this project.
With this first card I was able to add a decoupage fairy to the front.
I chose velvet leaves and berries to add in the window box.
For the second card I attached another decoupaged fairy.  I also added some of the Fairyopolis rub ons to the card front. 
Ordinarily these flowers would be too thick for a card front.  They worked perfectly for this 3d card!
The tea lights fit perfectly into the box part of this card.  There really are endless possibilities for a card that is also a box!
Since the cards were so great I needed matching card stock enveloboxes for them.  The new board (shown in photo above) is excellent.  Making these took only a few minutes.  They make the cards even more special!

5 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Carmi, these are so great!! You should be very proud. I love that paper with the stars on it!! So perfect for the Fairyopolis fairies!!

Carmi said...

Thanks Stacy! I can't stop working with the Fairies!

JinkyK said...

Carmi, these are gorgeous!Love it! You are so talented!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

These are fantastic Carmi!!!

Khristen said...

I love the idea of using the box as a shadow box rather than a tealight holder. Fabulous! TFS!