Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Painted Gift Box

Hey everyone, it's Katrina again!!!!  Hope everyone is having a great week and I first want to do a thank you to a team member.  A great big thank you to my design teammate, Lynda Lindley, who switched me places this week and posted on Monday for me.  I have been sick and not able to craft at all, so I was a little behind!  THANKS Lynda!!!!

Ok, on to my project.  If you saw my previous Paint Fusion post here on the blog, you know I was a little more than nervous to start this adventure!!  But, I am here to tell you...ANYONE can do this!  The project I am showing you today took me no time at all to whip out and is a great little gift box to give as a gift to someone!

I started  with the Ranger Craft sheet and my paint colors of  Butternut and Primary Red for my flower colors.  I LOVE these acrylic paints and the fact they are Eco Friendly!  I just have a few of the colors, but I want them all!  Look at all of them!



I choose the Sweet Peas to do on my box.  I had thought about the Roses, but decided that I wanted a different look. 


I then used the acrylic paint colors in Zucchini, New Grass, and Moss to do my leaves.  I need a little more practice on the leaves, I think.  But I was happy with the way they turned out!

Here's a bit of a closer look at the painting......


I then used the Eco-Friendly Craft Green Glue to glue my ribbon around the box lid, then I was finished!  I haven't decided if I am going to slip a bag of candy in the box or if I am going to make some note cards.  All that will depend on whom I give it to!

Hope you enjoyed my post and project!  Be on the look out for all things crafty here on the Crafter's Companion blog!!! 

5 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Beautiful project Kat!!!!

kathy said...

WOW that is so over the top, love it, how can I make one?superb Kat!!

Bindy Lambell said...

I love how the flowers just pop off the box! Great color combo and beautiful flowers!!

Stacy H-W said...

Really really pretty box Katrina!! Someone will be super lucky to receive it no matter what you end up putting inside.

Amy's Designs said...

Katrina the painting is gorgeous. I love the color.