Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pretty Little Madam's Stepper Card

Hi everyone, it's Holley. Here's a cute little project that I created called a Stepper Card. It's a fun project using Crafter's Companion's Ultimate Tool, the Boxer/Envelobox Creator, an adorable SWALK stamp, and there's wonderful video instruction on the basic creation of this card on the "Advanced Construction Techniques DVD."
First you create the card base using your Ultimate Tool and the Boxer template. The video shows you each step and gives wonderful directions. Size for the base on the shown image is 6"x9". Here's a great side view of the project to show you how all the pieces have been assembled together.
My image on this card is from SWALK and is called Pretty Little Madam. I colored her with Copic Markers and trimmed her using Spellbinders. I also used some Stazon ink in white to add floral stamping onto the clear sheet. The flower I choose to add to the clear sheet comes from a stamp set of Popcorn Bear's Thanks a Bunch.

Once stamped, I used some clear dots to adhere to clear sheet to my black cardstock. Here's an image of the black cardstock with everything attached to it before I add the clear sheet:
Once I added the clear sheet (which is sized at 6" x 11.5") I wanted to cover the glue dots that I used to adhere it to my card. To do this I used some Sky blue crepe paper. Seems like a tiny piece of paper to need, but I keep ALL scraps from every project. When a project like this comes along, I go through all my scraps by length and found this wonderful ruche paper which fit perfectly! So save all your paper scraps for projects just like this!! I needed a 1.5" size of Ruche and an even tinier sliver of silver! (Sliver of silver...now say that 5 times fast!) Here's a much better image that shows the Sky Blue crepe paper:

This image also shows how wonderfully the clear paper takes the white stazon ink. Finally, here's an image of one of the embellishment butterflies.

Cheers, Holley

Crafter's Companion product's Used for this project:

5 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Hi Holley,

Your card is so pretty. I love it! I love that SWALK image. I think I need to own it! ha

Linda W. said...

Oh that card is indeed beautiful! It'll be a lovely surprise for someone to open that package! Great job Holley!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fantastic card...she is so cute!!!

kathy said...

Soooooo beautiful, love the butterflies,and the colors are blended so nicely.

Mahmood Ali said...

Baby with her pars looking So gorgeously...

Plastic Business Cards
Plastic Card printing
Plastic Business Cards