Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sheena Douglas Paint Fusion Addict!

Hello everyone,





It's Stacy here and I'm back today to share two projects that I painted using the Sheena Douglass Paint Fusion technique. Apparently, I'm really loving this new paint technique because I made a card and I just finished painting the cover of a mini album that I will share with you too.



I recently purchased this pretty wood covered mini album. I put it aside for a while because I couldn't think of anything cool enough to do to it...until now...lol

I decided to crackle the cover and let the wood underneath show through the cracks. This crackle technique is so easy. I just took some All-Purpose Green Glue (white glue that dries clear) from EcoGreen Crafts and spread it across the cover. I took my heat gun and heated it to dry it a little bit. (30 seconds or so) Then I took some of my cream acrylic paint and smoothed on a light coat on top of the glue. Here is where the magic happens....get your heat gun and dry that paint. Crackles will immediately start showing up. (You can let it dry naturally if you don't have a heat gun. That works fine too.)



Out came my Sheena Douglass Paint Fusion Berries Set. I stamped some leaves in the corner and painted them. I used my thumb as my paint brush for the berries (how fun was that?! ha). An eraser on a pencil was used to paint the individual berries and then I added some white highlights.

I used some purple alphas from my stash to spell out the title and then went over the whole thing with some distress ink to give it a more aged look. Next I stamped the swirls from the Berries set on my embossing pad and poured on some gold embossing powder and heated it. To finish the cover I tied some lengths of ribbon to the binder loops.




There are so many things you can make using this painting technique.

I was practicing painting the butterflies, from Sheena's Paint Fusion Butterfly Set, on white card stock. I love using the Eco-Friendly acrylic paints from EcoGreen. They have rich, creamy colors and the perfect consistancy for this type of project. I ended up with a butterfly that I really liked. I hadn't intended to make a card but hey why not go with it if you have sudden inspiration.



I decided to use a card base from my Fairyopolis Card Making Kit which I absolutely love! There is so much yummy goodness in that kit that I find myself using something from it all the time.

I cut out the butterfly and the matting with dies on my Cuttlebug. Then I pulled some paper from the Fairyopolis 12x12 paper pack. I also used some ribbon and card stock from my stash. It all just came together so quickly. I just adore the bright orange, red and purple together! They seem to really make the card so vibrant and happy.



I have really been having so much fun painting on every available surface I can find with this paint technique. I know you would enjoy playing with it too. Can't you just see all the possiblities??! You could use it on cards, layouts, candles, planter pots and repurposed household items. The list really could go on and on. You can find Sheena's Paint Fusion sets and the Fairyopolis goodies at the Crafter's Companion Store. Go check it out!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Stacy, GREAT job!!!! I love the mini cover!!!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fantastic projects Stacy!!!

Wysper said...

just love!

Bindy Lambell said...

This is beautiful and in my favorite colors!!