Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sheena's Paint Fusion ROCKS!

Hello everyone,




It's Stacy here today with my newest project to share with you. This week I decided to make a home decor project for my office. I was so excited (and nervous) to receive the new Sheena Douglass Paint Fusion products. Excited because I love to try new craft techniques and nervous because I'm not really a "painter". I was worried it would be hard and I am happy to say that worry was unjustified!
It was so fun and easy to do. If I can do it anyone can!! lol

I received the Sheena Douglass Paint Fusion Berries Set. It comes with stamps and a practice guide. You could easily jump right in and start making something just with this set alone but I also received the Sheena Douglas Paint Fusion DVD to help me do the painting techniques step by step.
This DVD is loaded with information and project ideas. If you are interested in trying out this new product you will be really happy if you get the DVD too!!

First, I had to get the metal painted and crackled. I used regular black acrylic paint and then layered on some EcoGreen Crafts All-Purpose Green Glue. This glue is a wonderful plant based tacky glue that goes on white and dries clear. It worked perfectly with my paint to cause a nice crackle finish.

This technique works really well with even more of the EcoGreen Crafts products. I used their Eco-Friendly Acrylic Paint to paint my leaves and berries. It has the perfect consistency for smooth and easy paint strokes. And comes in a wide variety of colors.

The Berry Set has the stamps as I mentioned and I just stamped directly onto my project in the upper corner. Then I got my paints out, used the stamp to give me idea of where to paint
and got busy painting!

There is a fabulous practice guide in the set that you can paint on until you feel comfortable enough to start painting on your projects. It really does make it simple enough for a beginner to get great results. The possibilities are endless!

I can't wait to start on my next project using one of the other Sheena Douglass Paint Fusion Sets that I received. So be prepared to see more of my rapidly developing painting ability!! ha

You will soon be able to start painting using Sheena's new creations. The release date for these products is rapidly approaching. You will be able to get them at Crafter's Companion Store on May 5th!!

Have a awesome day!







6 comments:

Amy's Designs said...

Stacy You did a great job on this project. Adroable

JINKYSCRAFTS said...

Stacy, I want that decor on my office too! What a great idea. Great technique and awesome painting! You really rock the Paint Fusion,girl! Love it!

Katrina said...

Very Cute Stacy!!!!!!! Love it!!!

fialka012 said...

❤❤❤

Bindy Lambell said...

Wow Stacy this is amazing and you did a fantastic job.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fabulous project!