Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Square Candle Holder

Oh I am so excited about Sheena's DVD and projects!  She makes acrylic painting ultra-easy!  My most difficult decision - do I do backgrounds or try another project?  The DVD has a great section on all projects and inspirations with 6 sets of rubber stamps and practice sheets for all 6.  I desperately wanted to do one more project before creating some backgrounds!

My daughter had given me a beautiful glass candle holder for my square candles........and I've been very happy with it.  But as soon as I started watching Sheena Douglas' DVD on Paint Fusion I knew I just had to try a small rose image on the side of that glass candle holder.

Now the sides are not perfectly level and smooth - they have sort of wobble in the glass that is quite lovely.  So that in itself did not present a great challenge - getting a good image was not necessary.  As long as I had a slight outline I was fine and I used Stazon ink, but you can use any archival ink if you wish, I recommend a light color.  In fact, I practiced on the remaining 3 sides before cleaning them off and finalizing the one side above.

Working with the Eco Green Crafts' Acrylic Paint Tubes and brushes is ultra-easy!  The brushes clean up beautifully and are top quality.  I work over a craft mat so I simply clean off the mat when changing colors or quitting for the day.  Wash out your brushes and allow to dry - never leave them sitting in the water!  Sheena's hints and tips are quite easy to comprehend even for me since I am a beginner!  Check out the video online right now!

Linda Weber

9 comments:

kathy said...

This is great what an awesome gift this would make for mothers day great Idea!!Love Pink.

Stacy H-W said...

How sweet of your daughter to give you this candle holder. It is the perfect "canvas" for your gorgeous flower!! Love it.

Amy's Designs said...

Gorgeous Linda!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

What a great way to personalize a project!

Ifee said...

Oh its nice candle holder I visited so many blogs and found a cake same like this holder check it on http://rezcandles.com

Christina Dsouza said...

Its really an helpful blog on Candle holders

It helped me a lot...
Got just the right thing...
Thanks for sharing such information....

Glass Votive Holders said...

This will look good when there is some pool side area. This pinkish color is really adding a fine touch in that.

Anonymous said...

I suffer from curly, frizzy, wild hair.. I have tried every product imaginable and this is the best product

out there.. It takes about a minute to heat and run it through each handful of hair once and your hair is perfect.. it will stay smooth and frizz free not to mention straight as a board until u wash your

hair next(even if u wait 3 days).. Please buy this product if u don't believe me.

Anonymous said...

My daughter has had

this for almost 3 months now and is very pleased with it. It heats rapidly and her hair doesn't look dry after using it. It doesn't seem to have the "cord" issues that she had with her chi.