Friday, May 13, 2011

Thank you Sheena Douglass!!

Hi, it's Bindy again and no you will not find my name on the list of designers. That's because I am the coordinator of the information blog and design team. I was pretty excited when I got all the supplies for the new Paint Fusion technique by Sheena Douglass. I knew right away which stamp I wanted to try first but I was a little unsure if I could paint since I had no experience. Well Sheena's technique is so easy to follow that in minutes I was actually painting and it looked like flowers! I was now a believer and I had so much fun.

The paints come in wonderful rich colors and the coverage is fantastic. The paints can be used on anything from chipboard to heavy card stock and a lot more. The brush selection you get covers any size you would need for all of the stamps in the collection. All of the brushes can be cleaned up with just water so there is no special treatment you have to give them.

You can practice all the brush strokes from the stamp set you select before you even start your project. The practice boards are laminated and you can paint over the example until you get it right. You can stamp the image you select on your project in black permament ink but if you want the image to not show as much you can stamp the image in a lighter color ink. The stamp is a guide just so you know where to put the paint, kind of like coloring in between the lines.

In the sample I made here, I used a piece of heavy card stock and painted the base with bright purple. In the DVD that is also available Sheena shows you how to make some really pretty backgrounds. The one I used was the crackle backgroud and I was surprised how easy it was. I then stamped the image in a light brown permanent ink on the dried oval cardstock and started painting away following the steps and instructions that came with the stamp set. There is a large array of products that Crafter's Companion sells that you can paint on and I think I will be making most of my Christmas gifts this year. They are called Eco Green Crafts and includes shapes, books and frames just to mention a few. What's better is that these products are all Eco friendly and made with recycled materials. The paints are low or no VOC.

I know several of us have said how easy this is and it really is. None of us have any acrylic painting experience but look at the projects we have been making. You really CAN do this, and whats even more amazing is it is FUN!

Bindy


7 comments:

Amy's Designs said...

Beautiful Bindy! I love the colors it looks really good.

Linda W. said...

Wow Bindy - I love the coordination between the crackle background and the flowers! Beautiful job!

kathy said...

I think this is beautiful, I can't wait to get the set,and if mine looks half as good I will be happy!!!great job...

Bindy Lambell said...

Thank you!!!

Kathy, it really is easy. All you have to do is practice with the boards and you will be just fine. It you go back and look at all of the Designers that have posted I will tell you that they had no experience in this at all and look how beautiful their projects are.

Bindy

Stacy H-W said...

Bindy, Your card is marvelous!! Your painting really turned out brilliantly. Those flowers just look so super sweet and are perfect on that crackled surface. Purple is my favorite color so you know I love this card!! ha I am so proud to design for a company that sells Eco-Friendly products!

Katrina said...

Bindy, LOVE THIS!!!!!!! looks like watercolor almost!!! hugs, Katrina

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

LOVE this!!!