Thursday, June 23, 2011

Best Friends Card From Humphrey's Corner Collection!

 Hello from Carmi again!  This is a card that would make any best friend smile!  It is the BFF card!
 The Humphrey's Corner Collection has a stamp set called "Best Friends".  I used black ink and stamped the image several times on white paper.  I knew I would be coloring a lot of this image with markers and needed a good quality paper to work on.  I used my "Rock-a-blocks" to insure that I had nice clean images.
 I also stamped part of the image on some of my Fairyopolis paper.  By cutting out the dresses from pre-coloured papers I save time and I can also create a decoupage effect on my card.
 The Fairyopolis paper is such a great palette to work with.  The bright colors inspired my own choices for the two best friend elephants.
 For their scene I added additional flowers, a lady bug, a fabric purse and some glitter glue.
 I even added some three dimensional paint.
I love these little elephants!

9 comments:

Irene said...

Very cute. What are these flowers?

kathy said...

I love the 3D and the colors are great, and yes it is perfect for BFFS,thanks for the great project.

Jessica said...

Cute, but I must confess...elephants in a dress? I don't know if I like them... I don't mind them in overalls...odd I know!
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Hugs

Stacy H-W said...

I think the card is adorably cute! What a fun idea to stamp the image on the patterned paper for "pre-colored" dresses! I always forget to do stuff like that. And that kind of thing just takes it to a new level doesn't it? great job!

Amy's Designs said...

This is so adorable. I am loving these cute flowers. They make the card pop. Awesome job.

Carmi said...

Hi Irene, the flowers are poppies I have tried to use on a card for a long time. They finally found a home!

Carmi said...

Jessica! Since you mentioned it I just had to tell you there is a rubber stamp where the elephant is in overalls! It is beyond sweet! http://www.crafterscompanion.com/Humphrey-Unmounted-Rubber-Stamp-Set--Humphrey_p_381.html

Eileen Bergen said...

I love how you dressed and colored them.

Thanks for the inspiring ideas!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Super cute card...love your color choices!