Monday, June 13, 2011

Every little Girl Wants to Be a Fairy

Good Morning crafters!  Today I have a Fairyopolis layout for you.  This is the last week of school for us and Summer is upon us.  It's hard to believe my babies are already 3 1/2 and 8 respectively.  Thinking about that, I chose a photograph of Lara when she was at Mommy and Me preschool.  Looking at her baby face and chubby little cheeks, I can't believe how much she has grown.



To make my page, I started by distressing my Fairyopolis Paper and inking them up with brown chalk.  Then I placed a purple magic mesh along the left side of the page.  After using a decorative punch along the edges, I wrapped a large see through ribbon around it and tied it into a bow.  I used glue behind the bow to make it stay in the postion I wanted it too.  Lastly I placed the word, "Believe" right on the ribbon and again used strong glue to make sure the letters would stay down and added a Decoupaged Fairy from the Fairyopolis Complete Cardmaking Kit.  I added Stickles to him to make him sparkle.



In the upper left hand corner of my page I used the rub-on saying, "Every little girl wants to be a fairy", a rub-on fairy, and butterfly.  I also added a beautiful fairy sticker.  I just love how gorgeous it is.  These were also from the Fairyopolis Card making kit.


 Just below my picture of Lara with her fairy wings, I added a stamped Fairy from the Fairyopolis Clear Stamp Set Summer, colored her with Copics, and cut her out.  I then added Stickles to her wings as well.


For the flowers, I took the flowers that came in the Fairyopolis card making kit and added Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam to them.  This made them not only sparkling, but also very stiff.  While they were drying I molded the petals so that they stood out even more.  I then added various big crystals to the centers of the flowers as well as rhinestone and fabric leaves. To finish the page, I added some of the butterflies from the Card making kit randomly on the page.



I hope you are inspired to create your own pages of years pasts with your Crafter's Companion products.  If you do, we'd love if you'd share them with us on the Crafter's Companion Facebook page.  Have a wonderful week!

Denise

4 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

This is such a special layout Denise! I love all of the fairyopolis goodies you used and that photo of your dd is super sweet.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Beautiful lay-out! there is just something special about fairies!

Khristen said...

Lovin' all of that sparkle and shimmer! Great layout :)

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Love the sparkles!