Sunday, June 12, 2011

More Fariyopolis Magic

Good Sunday morning to you all, Khristen here. I hope you are enjoying all of the gorgeous projects our inspiring designers have showed you so far this month. Crafter's Companion makes it quick and easy to create something that appears to have taken longer to make. With my family's busy lifestyle, I love knowing that it takes mere minutes to create something special. You never know when I'll be called away from the craft room during the summer months when all the kids are home from school (June 24th for my kids, so I have a couple of weeks left of quiet time. Yay!)

Today I'm showing off more from the Fairyopolis Cardmaking Kit. The kit makes cardmaking a snap as everything coordinates so well!

The kit contains beautiful patterned card bases, ready to go with matching envelopes. I, however, decided to pull out the new Envelobox Creator as the fairy and flowers are quite dimensional. I really dislike putting a dimensional card in a standard envelope, and the Envelobox Creator, an add-on for your Ultimate Crafter's Companion tool, makes it easy to tailor your enveloboxes to the specific space needs of your card. This ensures your dimensional items don't become compressed and ruined, like the petals of the flowers I have on the card. I can bend them up making them pop even more, and there's plenty of room that not a petal is disturbed! Love that!

Align Left

The fairy gracing the front is absolutely adorable, and is part of the card kit. He's a Fairyopolis Die Cut Decoupaged fairy, and I love the layers and dimension decoupaged images add to a project. I decided his wings needed something (and this picture doesn't really do the technique justice). I added some Ranger Glossy Accents to the detail lines on his wings, and also added it to the word "fairies" on the sentiment. It really adds a great finishing touch, and makes the wings beautiful (just not in these pictures!) The sentiment and "I dance" element are rub ons included in the kit, as is the border of berries along the edge of the card. These are some high quality rub ons which apply in a snap. It all sticks to the card, leaving no rub on behind on the application sheet. The flowers and gems in the center are exclusive to the kit. The rest of the items can be purchased separately. The only item on here that wasn't in the kit: the lace. This card came together in about 10 minutes! It's that simple to create gorgeous cards!


Here is the envelobox I created. The paper I found matched well with the card I had made and the envelobox I actually timed. It took me......................6 minutes to make. Yup, 6 minutes. That INCLUDES decorating the front (again, more rub ons and a flower from the kit.)


If you make a lot of cards, this kit is a must-have! That's it for today, until next time! :)

3 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fantastic card and box Khristen!!

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous!

JinkyK said...

Beautiful Card + Fantastic Box = Perfect! Love it!