Monday, June 6, 2011

Paint Fusion meets Envelobox Creator!!!

Whew, anyone else having a crazy busy time right now?  I just want to yell...."This is Katrina, I really want to know WHERE did May go?  I feel like it was here and then POOF it was gone!"   I know a lot of stuff is going on with the kids getting out of school, people going on vacations, and having time to craft is possibly the last thing on your mind.

Well, I am here to tell you, I created this little project in a matter of  probably under an hour!  And this includes me counting time to watch paint dry!  hee hee...I just had to say that, since I am featuring some Paint Fusion along with the new Envelobox Creator to use with the Ultimate Tool!

I first started with the rectangular Recycled Chipboard Die-cuts.  Then I used my Acrylic Paint tubes, THAT I LOVE, to do a little Paint Fusion on my chipboard.  I love the butterfly set and you can only get it when you purchase the Paint Fusion Stamp and DVD Bundle.  I stamped everything with Stazon ink and then went to work painting.  I actually painted a little area first and then stamped the bee over the painted area.  Then I fussy cut them out. 


Now, you might be wondering what I pop dotted my chipboard piece on?  Well, it's a little box that I created with the Envelobox Creator!  These boxes are super easy once you get the hang of it.  In the DVD, Sara shows you how to tie the boxes closed with ribbon.  But I was in a "fun" kind of mood and I wanted to do something different.  So, I used two brads that I had on hand, a little twine and created a fun little closure!


This box is the perfect size for a gift card or to slip some money into for a quick present.  You could make a bunch of these to have on hand, buy a few gift cards and when in a pinch for that last minute gift for the birthday party you forgot about, BINGO...perfect gift!  

Here is the box opened, just so you can get an idea!  


So, that's it from me today.  I hope you liked my little project!!!  I will see you again in a couple of weeks!!!! 

4 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Katrina, I'm with you on how quickly May went by! And on how busy it has been and still is around my house so to hear about how little time this adorable project took was brilliant!! What an awesome painting job!! And I love the idea of making up a little pile of these gift boxes to have on hand for gift cards! I definitely plan to do that. Thanks for the inspiration!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fabulous project Kat!!! You have totally become a great painter!!!

Khristen said...

Love it! Great idea for an envelope closure :)

And yes, I too wonder where May went! Softball season has ended, slowing down the pace a little, and I hope the month of June is at a steadier pace for you!

Amy's Designs said...

This butterfly looks like it is flying in the clouds. Super awesome job.