Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Perfect gift box for your favorite fairy lover

Happy June! I am always on the lookout for creative ways to wrap and give gifts and the new Envelobox Creater boards for the Ultimate Crafter's Companion was just what I needed to step up my game!!! The projects included on The Ultimate Advanced Construction Techniques DVD are amazing and I could not wait to jump right in and get started.

I pulled together all my supplies; pattern papers from the Fairyopolis line, Ultimate tool, and Fairyopolis Triple CD set.


I first printed one of the fairies from the CD and cut her out. I used some watercolor paints to darken the background around her. I then chose a few of the embellishments from the Fairyopolis cardmaking kit. I then chose my pattern paper from the 12 x 12 paper pad; the colors are so rich and warm in these papers. I trimmed my paper down to 11 1/8 x 11 1/8 as per the download sheets you can find on the website here. I then inked around all the edges; followed the instructions on the DVD and put my box together. I then inked along all the folds to give my box a more worn look.

I found this delish ribbon in my stash and this flower that matched the paper perfectly. I decided to create a slide-ribbon closure for my envelobox. I attached the flower to the ribbon and slid it over my finished box. I added the printed fairy image and the embellishments from the Cardmaking kit.


Here is what my box looks like on the back; you can see that the ribbon fits perfectly around the box and keeps the flap closed.




I hope you will drop by the blog and continue to be inspired by the other designer projects featuring the amazing new Ultimate board.

Happy crafting...Lynda



6 comments:

Linda W. said...

Such a warm summer feel about your envelobox, Lynda. I love it! Great job!

Khristen said...

What a gorgeous envelobox! The fairy makes it so sweet, and what a great idea to use ribbon to close the flap. Love it!

Stacy H-W said...

I'm still LOVING that Fairyopolis stuff and find myself pulling from from my card making kit or the dvd all the time to use on projects. Love your project.

gift-unlimited.blogspot.com gift-is always precious for all said...

Gift- is it always pricious?
Finding the Perfect Anniversary Gifts
Say you have been wedded for several years and you really want to shock your spouse with a stunning,

gift-unlimited.blogspot.com gift-is always precious for all sbc11.blogspot.com Gift-which is important for all said...

Gift's-precious.If you want to choice your perfect,you can click on add for see details.

In many occasion people give or choice gifts for each other.Are you diffident to them?

Wine Gift Basket said...

Awesome gift box. Thanks a lot for sharing this information.