Sunday, June 26, 2011

Playing with the Humphrey's Corner "Humphrey" stamp set

Good Sunday morning, Khristen here. :) I hope you all are enjoying the beginning of Summer. Here in NH, it has been less than fantastic. School let out on Thursday, and each day has been cold and rainy. The sun might make an appearance today, but thus far, it isn't looking so great. I was hoping to have some sunshine to take pictures of today's project, but it just wasn't in the cards.


Today I am showing off the cutest little guy, Humphrey, featured in the brand spankin' new Crafter's Companion Humphrey's Corner stamp line. What a darling little elephant Humphrey is! I was sent the "Humphrey" stamp set, and love the image and sentiments. I had been thinking about an old friend a lot lately, and this card will be perfect for her. All paper pieces were adhered with the Crafter's Companion Extra Strong Permanent Tape Runner.

I have yet to get a set of Copics (3 kids = broke HA) so I borrowed my son's markers to color Humphrey grey after stamping him using Rock-A-Blocks. Using the Rock-A-Blocks, you're guaranteed to get a perfect image every time. It's foolproof! He's a little darker grey than I'd like him, but I think it still looks good. I used my Stickles for his adorable overalls, and decided to add some random glittery dots in the corners as well.

The sentiment was also stamped using the Rock-A-Blocks, matted, and adhered with Double Sided Adhesive Foam Squares. I dug into my Fairyopolis Card Making Kit and grabbed these flowers to match my papers, adding the jewels contained in the kit in the center and finishing it off with some glitter glue on the petals. As you can see, the Fairyopolis Card Kit is so versatile! I used pieces from the kit with random scraps of paper I had in my stash and they all work so well together.

Now all I need is to make a matching envelope using my Ultimate Crafter's Companion tool and it'll be ready to mail to my friend. I bet it makes her day! Who wouldn't smile after seeing this adorable little elephant?

3 comments:

kathy said...

love it so cute,can't wait to get mine in the mail.great job

Stacy H-W said...

Great card! I love that little Humphrey! And I really like how you distressed the paper.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fabulous details!!!