Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Stacy's Set of Drawers

























Welcome to the Crafter's Companion Blog. I'm Stacy and I am back today with a fun project that I made using the new Boxer and Envelobox Creator boards for the Crafter's Companion Ultimate Tool. I have been having so much fun working my way through all the fab projects on the new Advanced Construction Techniques DVD.







I decided to make this "Set of Drawers" which is listed under the advanced section on the DVD. It isn't really that hard. You just make several small pieces and then all of your workings are hidden away. It is mostly made with the simple box construction on the new boxer board.



I started out making the 4 drawers and the 4 drawer holders. Next I placed them around the edges of a 6x6 piece of card stock. I topped them with another 6x6 piece of card stock. I covered the drawer fronts with matching Fairyopolis paper and then added a blue rose to each drawer for a pull. There are easy to follow step by step instructions on the Advanced Techniques DVD that you are definitely going to want to buy and try.


Next, I made an Easel card as a topper for the set of drawers. I used a sweet Popcorn the Bear stamp from the Floral Collection called Thanks A Bunch. I really loved coloring this image with my Copics because I think Popcorn is adorable and the flowers on this stamp are gorgeous. I made my Easel card a little bit smaller than the 6x6 set of drawers. I layered it on top of the set of drawers and then finished up with a sentiment stamped from our newest S.W.A.L.K stamp collection. I used a stamp from the stamp set, A Little Note.







I decided to add the finishing touch to this 3 dimensional project by making a matching Envelobox. I used the new Envelobox Creator. The process of making an Envelobox is so super easy with this board! It took me literally about 2 minutes to make the Envelobox. This is something you definitely want to have in your scrappy collection! All I had left to do was add a few embellishments and voila I have an awesome gift to give and a beautiful envelobox to put it in.



























Are you inspired yet??!! lol If you are you should go check out the June Summer Theme Challenge at Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog! You just need to make a fun summer themed project and use a Crafter's Companion stamp on it. Easy Peasy! You could win this months magnificent prize of.... drum roll please....


Two Sheena Douglas Paint Fusion Stamp Sets, the Paint Fusion Instructional DVD,6 tubes of paint and some of our high quality Crafter's Companion Paint Brushes! Wouldn't it be totally awesome to win all of these goodies?? Well then go get busy on your project! Thanks for stopping by the Crafter's Companion Blog. Until next time.






























9 comments:

JINKYSCRAFTS said...

Stacy, your drawers are absolutely beautiful! Love all the details you put on your Easel card. You gotta teach me how to color, girl. Great Job!

Kelly Massman said...

OMGoodness! This is too cute and so much fun!

Bindy said...

HOW CUTE!!!!!!!! Love the drawers, I may have to try that tonight. LOL

Becky Dunham said...

Oh Stacy - i love this project! Love the colors you used and the easel card on the top is just gorgeous! My budget is not budging lately but when it does, I am buying these tools! I might have to splurge on a stamp so I can enter that challenge though - I love that Sheena Douglass paint fusion - at least I think I would love it, have not tried it yet :)

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

Amy's Designs said...

O...M...G

I love this project. It is adorable. Well and I love purple too but it is too cute. I'm loving this one.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

How nice!

Jacilynn said...

love this! great work Stacy!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great set of cards!

Craftyanny said...

love this Stacey, so very pretty.
Anne x