Monday, July 25, 2011

Beat the heat and get started on Christmas gifts

Happy Monday!  Can you believe July is almost over?  It's been crazy hot all over the U.S.  How is everyone staying cool?  One way to stay cool might be to make some homemade Christmas gifts.  I know, crazy to think about Christmas in July.  But how often does Christmas seem to sneak up on you?  I am always feeling behind in Christmas buying, so I try to get started early in the year.


One idea for a cute inexpensive gift is to make a tea light card with Cinnamon or Tree scented candles.  This handmade gift is sure to put a smile on your loved ones faces.   To make it, I I used my The Ultimate Tool, The Boxer board, and just followed the directions on the The Ultimate Advanced Construction Techniques DVD.  The entire card uses only one 12x12 page.  It's sure to awe the recipients, but it really is quite easy to make.  The darling little bear is Popcorn the Bear With-Love Stamp set.  This Popcorn stamp is really big so I had to turn him a little bit to get the whole image to fit on the card.  I just love it. 



I colored the stamp with Copics and added Stickles and rhinestones to the poinsettia.  Then I added clear snowflakes and a large "Noel" sticker which keeps the card closed.  I also added a holiday rub-on to the cellophane for a little extra effect.  

If you decide to make some fun Christmas tea light cards, we'd love to see them on our Facebook page.  Hope you have a fun and "cool" week!

Denise

3 comments:

kathy said...

Denise is is so cute, I love the christmas theme, the little popcorn bear holding the poinsetta is one of my fav. great job.

Pendra said...

Your card is beautiful... love the poinsetta and the cute little bear!
Pendra at: pendrasplace.blogspot.com

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wonderful card!