Wednesday, August 31, 2011

All Occasion Card

Good morning!

It's been really hot here in Southern California and I am so ready for it to cool off.  Thinking of that, I decided Fall colors were the way to go for my card today.  I used one of my favorite Popcorn the Bear stamp sets, Bunches of Love.  This large stamp is perfect for any occasion.  I decided not to include a sentiment for my card, so I could use it whenever I needed a last minute card.




I used my Cricut Expression to cut out the shaped squares on my card and inked up the edges with some brown chalk.  I colored the image with Copic Sketch Markers.  Finally, I found a bit of ribbon I had left over from another project and added a bow to the bottom of the card, as well as some copper pearls along the edges.  Like most scrappers and card makers I hoard left over bits of paper and ribbons.  You never know when you might use them, right?  

Hope you've enjoyed the card today.  Have a wonderful rest of the week :)

Denise

6 comments:

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Lovely card!!! You've done a wonderful job and It's always amazing what us crafter's can do with the little left over bits of crafty stuff we have in our stash. :) X X

Lisette Morris said...

So sweet! Love the warm colors and pearl accents. I have jars and jars of bits and pieces, LOL!!

Stacy H-W said...

This is gorgeous. I love the lush colors you used!! I recognize that ribbon and it works perfectly on this card!! Awesome job girl!

JinkyK said...

Love your coloring, Denise! Nice way to use your stash. Beautiful card!

kathy said...

This is adorable,Love the framing it is very classy. Love the coloring also. Great job.

Amy's Designs said...

Love this card. I love the colors. Great job.