Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Christmas Treasure Box



How about a little Christmas in August??!! My best friend came to visit last weekend and she brought her Ultimate Tool with her. She has been wanting to make the Treasure Box project off of the Ultimate Crafter's Companion Advanced Construction Techniques DVD. (long name...tons of great projects!! ha) We loaded the DVD into the TV in my scrap room and got busy. My goodness did we have fun. Neither one of us made a traditional "pirate' treasure box. My BFF made a gorgeous box that she decorated with ribbon, bling and flowers that she plans to give to her sister and I decided to make a Christmas Treasure Box.

This fun "stocking" paper that I have been dying to use, inspired me to make this project.  I pulled out some matching card stock and got to work. It was super easy to follow along with the video. And we had a blast working together.

I added some clear bling and colored them with my Copics to match my patterned paper. I just love the freedom of this technique. You can match your clear bling to any project by using just the right Copic color.

I used Velcro to attach the lid to the base. Next, I added some fun embellies and I think the perfect finishing touch was when I decided to make snow. I put on a layer of Glossy Accents and topped it with some new Stampendous! Shaved Ice. It is so gorgeous in person!

Wouldn't this be the perfect gift for a teacher or friend?? I can just see this with some homemade cookies or candies inside. My kids make these fun candies that they give to their teachers that would be ideal. And guess what?? I am going to share the recipe with you today. (aren't you lucky?! lol)

Ingredients:

Mini pretzels
Rollo Candies (unwrapped)
Pecan halves


Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Layer cookie sheet with pretzels. Put a unwrapped Rollo on top of the pretzel. Bake in a 200 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until the candy starts to gently melt.(Don't let it get too melty).

Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and immediate top each Rollo with a pecan half. Lightly pressing it down into the softened chocolate candy. Let your treats cool and then eat or package to giveaway.

This is super easy and super yummy. I constantly get requests for the "recipe".  I hope you get a chance to make some to put in a Treasure Box that you make yourself.

I think this is enough for today. Remember there is still time to enter the challenge on the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog. You could be the big winner this month! Until next time...happy scrapping.

Stacy


















9 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

How very fun and cute and pretty!

Khristen said...

Love this (and thanks for the recipe! I make similar treats, only with Hershey Hugs and M&Ms in place of the Rolo and pecan. I have to try yours!)

JINKYSCRAFTS said...

Oh Stacy! This is so cute! Love it!

kathy said...

This is adorable. Love the detail. The colors are beautiful. Great job!!!Thank you for the recipe.Sounds yummy!

amyt2s said...

really nice - thank you for sharing!

Denise said...

Your Christmas treasure box is beautiful! Thank for sharing your recipe with us :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Such a fun project! Love it! Love the treats too, we make them every X-mas!

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

It's lovely!!! The colours you've used are lovely and thanks for sharing the recipe, it sounds really yummy. :) X X

Lisette Morris said...

Awesome!! love all the gorgeous accents. I also love coloring my bling to match!