Saturday, August 13, 2011

Still playing with the Fairyopolis Cardmaking Kit!!

It's amazing, isn't it? I received the Fairyopolis Complete Cardmaking Kit over 2 months ago, and I am STILL left with a ton of stuff to play with. This kit is a card makers dream come true, and it really will make a TON of stuff. The kit's bits and pieces have also been finding their way to my scrapbook pages and altered items. It's just so versatile! What better way to kick of Fairyopolis week here at the CC blog than showcasing this kit?

Hey all you crazy crafters, Khristen here. My mother's birthday was the 10th of this month and I needed a card. I pulled out the kit and started by building this pretty decoupaged fairy with the help of Collall Coll Kit decoupage glue, making the dimension you see here possible.
After building the fairy, it was just a question of how to properly embellish. It is my mother, after all, so I wanted the card to be extra special. I started with the card base (which, of course, is included in the kit, pre cut with matching envelope. It couldn't be called the "complete" kit without it!) I decided to throw a couple of stickers from the kit on it in layers, covering the smaller sticker with some distress Stickles. I thought the fairy wings needed some Stickles too (because we all know fairies are sparkly) and stickled away. (Yes, I just invented a new verb. I like it.) I think at the point I made the heart, I had to tell myself to step away from the Stickles (although is there such a thing as *too much* sparkle? I think not.)
I don't have any lovely Fairyopolis paper, so I took another card base and traced a circle on it and hand cut it (hence the Stickles around the edge...my attempt at hiding my shaky cutting!) Stickles dots seemed appropriate, and when the right side of the card appeared empty, I added a couple of Stickle stripes. Rub-ons are also from the kit (the sentiments, flower, and library card looking thingy) and I finished it off by adding the sentiment on a scrap from the cut up card base. I used the embossing tool from the Ultimate Crafter's Companion to curl the banner, adding Stickles at the end.

If you are a card maker, you really need to get your hands on this kit. It is seemingly endless, and makes putting cards together a breeze. Get one today at the Crafter's Companion site!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Hlora said...

Very beautiful card! The image is cite!!

kathy said...

Awesome,love the sparkles, great fob.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wonderful project!

Amy's Designs said...

Lovely card.