Monday, August 29, 2011

Thinking of You

Good morning, Khristen here. If you are anywhere on the east coast, I hope you are with power and Hurricane Irene spared you any damage. We have prepared here at our house as we are to be hit with Irene's high winds today (Sunday). It will be interesting to see what comes of the storm, but we are prepared and ready. As I type this, I am listening to the rain and wind start to pick up outside the window.

Today's card is for everyone affected by this storm...I am thinking of all of you today! There is no stamp better than this one, an adorable Humphrey stamp. She looks like she is thinking of someone, doesn't she? She is the part of the Birthday Girl stamp set, and I decided to paper piece her. I started by stamping the grey cardstock base, cutting her out, and then stamping her again on tan and green polka dot patterned paper. I cut out the dress, hat, bows, and shoes, gluing them in place, and finished it off by accenting her with some Stickles. I adhered her to a card base from the Fairyopolis Cardmaking Kit and glued a ribbon to the top of the card. The sentiment is a rub on which came from the same kit, and seriously, I am amazed at how many projects I've completed using elements of this kit. It seems endless!

That's all for today, go get your hands on this or a host of other wonderful Humphrey stamp sets at the Crafter's Companion site. Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

kathy said...

Khristen you did a great job on this project.The ribbon is a perfect touch to the card stock.I love the pink and green in her outfit.Very elegant.

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

An elegant card with just that little bit of ribbon to add the finishing touch. It's lovely. :) X X