Monday, August 22, 2011

Treaure box and matching card


Happy Monday!  This week we are showing off Crafter’s Companions' Humphrey the Elephant stamp sets.  These darling elephant stamps are so versatile and great for any kind of paper project you might want to create.

Today I have a beautiful treasure box and matching card to share with you. 



I created the treasure box using the Ultimate Crafters Companion toolBoxer board, and The Ultimate Advanced Construction Techniques DVD.   The Advanced Construction Techniques DVD made the the treasure box amazingly easy to create, as I just followed along using the step by step instructions on the video. Once I was done making the treasure box, I added some layered flowers, pearls and cream colored lace to the base and lid of the treasure box.  Everyting looks better with flowers and pearls, don't you think?  These boxes would be perfect with some homemade goodies inside and given to someone special.


To create the matching 6x6 card, I used my Ultimate Tool to cut layers of matching paper.



The sweet stamped image of two friends sharing some ice cream is the Humphrey stamp set Friends Forever.   Using Copic markers, I colored my stamped image and chalked around the white cardstock with purple chalk.  To create the sentiment, "I treasure you", I choose a font I like on my computer and printed it out on vellum paper.  I finished it by adding matching flowers and a bit of pearls along the bottom. 


Thank you for taking a look at my project today.  You can find all the sweet Humprey stamp sets here at the incredible price of  $4.95 each. 

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Denise

4 comments:

kathy said...

Denise I love the set.Purple and cream colors go so well together.The box is awesome, that paper is beautiful.You did a great job.Thanks for sharing your project with us.

Jacilynn said...

super cute. I love the matching set!

JINKYSCRAFTS said...

great gift set Denise! Love the colors!

Amy's Designs said...

Great job. Love this set & the Humphrey Stamps.