Friday, September 30, 2011

A Birthday Present with SWALK


Hello Everyone, Lisette here with another sneak peak at the new SWALK arriving to Crafter's Companion. She is called "The Present". I wonder what's in it? LOL!! Either way she is just adorable!



Besides the regular Holiday season arriving fast, I have lots of fall and winter birthdays to celebrate. So I made this little cutie for one of my neighbor's little girl. She turns 9 in a couple of weeks and like any little girl pink is her favorite color! After coloring her with my Copic markers, I wanted to give it a little extra surprise too. So I made the image not only part of the front of the card but also part of the inside.





Here's a quick little way of making sure your circle or what ever shape you choose is in the center of you card inside and out.

First take a piece of copy paper or notebook paper and cut it down to the same size as the card front. My card is 5.5 x 5.5 square.





Then fold in half and then in half again. That will pinpoint the center for you.










Next take your Spellbinder shape, as you can see I used a circle, and center it on your copy paper. I measured the sides just to be sure it was even. Run it through your diecut machine. This little paper will act your template for the outside and inside of your card to make sure it all lands in the right spot when diecutting your cardstock and designer paper, also centering your image on the inside!











Hope my little tip helps!!

Don't forget to enter to win all six new S.w.a.l.k. Stamp sets here.

Have a great weekend,

Lisette

4 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Lisette, thanks for the cool tip!! Why is it that something so simple is sometimes so hard to think of??!! I always stuggle with getting things centered and this is such a easy way to do it now. THANKS!! Your card is gorgeous!! That SWALK image is adorable! Wish I had that one too.

Amy's Designs said...

So adorable. Thanks for sharing your tip.

Kathy said...

Love the tutorial.Great coloring.The stamps are so cute.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great project!