Friday, September 23, 2011

My Sweet S.W.A.L.K. Girl



Hello again. Welcome to the Crafter's Companion Blog. It is Stacy here today and I am so happy to be able to share another "sneak peak" at one of the new S.W.A.L.K. rubber stamp collections that will be launching next Thursday in our online Store. This stamp is from the S.W.A.L.K. -Daydream Believer stamp set. And let me tell you that you are going to LOVE IT!


As soon as I got my stamps I started stamping them out and coloring them in!! LOL. They are really just so cute. For today's project I decided to make a mini album of my daughter. I have the neatest idea for a mini album that is super easy, super fast and super economical!! I'm all for saving some money. How about a mini album made out of paper lunch bags?! Yep, you heard right...paper lunch bags!!


It is so easy. Let me show you how I did it.


1. First take 3 lunch bags our of your pantry and lay them on top of one another. You need to make sure the middle bag is going the opposite direction.







2. Next you need to clip them together. You can use whatever works for you, as you can see I used paper clips and a snack bag clip that was on my desk!! LOL.  I measured it lengthwise and found the center and drew a line in pencil.








3. I like to sew it down this pencil line to keep the bags securely together but you don't have to sew it you can staple the bags together or punch holes in the side and use eyelets to reinforce the holes. Then you could put ribbon through the eyelets. You are only limited by your imagination.










4. Now you are ready to start embellishing the mini book. See how easy that was???!!
















Want to see how I embellished my pages? I used paper and embellies from a paper kit from Sassafras - Ellie's Tale. It really makes it easy to put together a mini album when you have a kit of matching papers and embellies to use. Now I just need to add photos and do some journaling.


I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and I can't wait to see the projects you make when you get your new S.W.A.L.K. Stamp Sets!! Please keep checking back because a little birdie told me there might be a giveaway coming up soon!!


Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time.....happy scrapping!


















































































































7 comments:

Lisette Morris said...

This is awesome Stacy!! Love Albums like this! Daydream is just adorable!

Kelly Massman said...

It's darling!

JinkyK said...

Stacy, your album is awesome. Great tutorial too! LOVE it!

madebyKarla said...

Very easy! Love how yours turned out! I'm so in love with that little bird!

Khristen said...

I love making paper bag albums, but never had a brain enough to sew them together!!! Awesome, thanks for the tutorial!

Amy's Designs said...

Awesome job. I love this album.

Kathy said...

Wow so much work. What a great idea, love the colors. The new stamp is so cute. And I love the tutorial. Thank you so much. Super job.