Tuesday, September 27, 2011

SWALK Slugs and snails... and puppy dogs tails!


Hello there it's Amy once again. I had soooo much fun with this project. I have to say I was a little scared at first because this is the first time I have made an album like this but I couldn't resist when I seen this adorable SWALK stamp. I think I love it because I have boys and it really is hard to find things that are "boy-ish".



This is what the "Slugs and snails..." "...and puppy dog's tails!" SWALK stamp looks like. I love the detail on these stamps and the face is my favorite.


I used Memento ink in Black Tuxedo to stamp the image onto white cardstock and then used my watercolor pencils to color in the image. I am not the best at it but I try and I think it looks pretty good.  I love the little "boo boo" on his forehead.


I then adhered the image to the striped background cardstock. I inked up the edges using Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.  


This is what the album looked like before I put it all together. Again I inked up all the edges using Distress Ink in Vintage Photo just to make it look a little finished and I also like the vintage look.


I used some pop dots to pop up the stamped image on the front of the album. Put a button on the front with a little yarn. This is the album all put together.

3 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

This is really gorgeous girl! I just love that little boy image. I totally agree with you about there not being as many cute boy images out there. That is one of the beauties of SWALK stamps!

Denise said...

I just love your darling mini album! The image of the boy jumping in the puddles is so perfect :) Love the shape and coloring of your album as well.

Kathy said...

Love the album.You did a beautiful job. I have never made an album,this make's me want to try. Your coloring is wonderful.