Tuesday, October 4, 2011

You Deserve a Treat by Stacy








Hello everyone!


It is getting close to that time of year where we will be going to holiday parties and dinners. I always like to take a hostess gift to say thank you for inviting me. And usually this gift is a bottle of wine.  I want to share a quick and easy tutorial on how to make a Hanging Bottle Tag.

1. I start by cutting out a piece of card stock or pattern paper 3" x 8". You can use whatever size works best for the bottle you are working on but for purposes of this tutorial we will use 3" x 8" as our measurement.  Using a  corner rounder, round each corner.



2. Score a line about 2 inches down one end and fold over. While it is folded over round the corners. You will be cutting through both pieces of paper.








3. Punch a hole in the folded side. I used a 1 1/2" circle punch.







That's it. Now you just have to decorate it. I decided to make this after getting my new S.W.A.L.K. stamp set -You Deserve a Treat. And let me tell you, I am seeing a million uses for this stamp set!  It was a perfect accompaniment to this project. I plan to give it to my girlfriend to show her how much I appreciate all that she does for me. But you could make up a few of these hanging bottle tags to have on hand for the next time you need to take a gift with you.


I hope you enjoyed the tutorial. Thanks for stopping by. Until next time....happy scrapping!

































































5 comments:

Jacilynn said...

super cute Stacy! love this hanging tag.
x

kathy said...

Great tutorial.Bright,happy colors.Super for the holidays.

Kelly Massman said...

Well, isn't this just adorable!!!!!????

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

What a fun project!!!!

Amy's Designs said...

Great idea.