Monday, October 31, 2011

Christmas on Halloween!

Happy Halloween, Khristen here with you today. I hope everyone who has to get out there with little ones for trick-or-treat night is safe and WARM.

Lets shift gears to the next big holiday on everyone's mind...Christmas! You've been eyeing some fabulous projects featuring the yet-to-be released Sheena Douglass Paint Fusion and I bet you can't wait to get your hands on a set (or all) when they are finally released, am I right?

Well, here's another teaser. I made this sign to hang somewhere in my house (I have yet to decide where...good thing I have another month to decide!) using the new Paint Fusion Ivy and Poinsettia stamp sets.

I started with a piece of cardboard saved from some packaging that I thought was a decent thickness, and painted it red. I covered this with a thick layer of thin decoupage glue, and dried it halfway (and dried it a little more than I wanted to, but love the effect I achieved here regardless. I love when accidents pan out!) After using my handy heat gun, I painted over the top in white. I love that my paintbrush still had a little bit of red still left in it, adding a red highlight to the white background! When it was covered, I used the heat gun again, giving these little cracks in the paint surface which makes the background look like a piece of aged painted wood. See the cracks here and the red highlights? Cool. :)
After stamping the ivy leaves using the new Ivy stamp set, I got to work painting them with acrylic paint in shades of green, brown, and a mixture of white with a touch of brown added to it. (Of course, I had a bit of practice first. Sheena makes it easy to paint like a pro with the wipe-off instruction insert. Just paint directly over the image she's painted as an example until you feel confident with the results! How simple is that?!)
I added a bit extra to this wall hanging by using the new Paint Fusion Poinsettia stamp set along with it. I thought it just needed that giant pop of red!
Gold alphabet stickers add a great sentiment...
...and this red and white striped bow is the perfect finishing touch, made using the Ultimate Crafter's Companion. I love how easy it is to tie a perfect bow, every time!

There you have it, a great wall hanging to bring some Christmas cheer into my home :) I just love this holiday, and the Paint Fusion Christmas line is perfect for all of your decor, gift giving, or even cardmaking needs! Watch for more great projects this week :)

8 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Love it!!

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful Kristen! Love the two sets together, perfect!

kathy said...

Great job,love the stamps.

kathy said...

Great job,love the stamps.

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

Another beautiful design and the details are amazing!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wonderful project!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

What a fantastic project!!

Arman oDesk said...

Welcome to our 2013 Halloween costume contest!
The Haunted Knoll Awards are an annual Halloween costume contest, where you can submit pictures of your best costumes and win cash prizes, while helping a great cause!Entry is absolutely FREE, and for each of the first 1,000 entries, $5 will be donated to Kids In The Spotlight. That's right, by simply submitting your best costume photo, you can help raise thousands of dollars for Kids In The Spotlight, and further their commitment to train youth in foster care programs to create, write, cast, and star in their own short films.
The winners of each category will receive a cash prize! Entries are now open and will close November 7, 2013.
" Great costume! You should submit it to http://hauntedknoll.org”