Monday, October 17, 2011

Here Comes the Bride...

Good Monday morning, it's Khristen here with you today to show you some Humphrey adorableness! These new Humphrey stamps are the cutest.   I know you'll want to run out and pick yours up when they are released (coming only in a few short days!)

I chose the "On Your Special Day" set, which is fitting as yesterday was my wedding anniversary. We've been married for six years, together for nine, and it's been fantastic. I can only hope that all of our years together are just as happy as they have been! :)

This image is just so precious. I used my markers (sorry, nothing fancy here, just "art markers") to color them, stamping them in a grey ink and outlining the details that didn't really stand out after coloring in black marker.  I adhered to the card base with foam squares. I dug out this card base from my Fairyopolis cardmaking kit, and misted with my own homemade silver mist. It's hard to see the shimmer here in the pictures.  The wind is currently whipping outside so I couldn't get out there to take decent pics (but at least the sun is shining, this card has been done for three days and it's been grey and rainy out the whole time.) The card really looks pretty with the silver shine!

 Don't have the money for expensive mist sprays and want to make it yourself? Just get some Mini Misters and equal parts water and glue (any water based glue will do, I used Eco Green Craft Glue) and add a small bit of Pearl Ex powder. I only add what fits on the end of a popsicle stick. :) Shake it all up and spray away! You can use larger travel-size squirt bottles, but I prefer the Mini Misters. Then I get a small batch for the project I am working on, and if I don't like the color or results, I don't have to dump out a big bottle full of the powder.


The sentiment is stamped on vellum with grey ink and heat embossed with clear powder, inked on the edges, and mounted on blue pearlescent cardstock which is then matted with pink pearlescent paper, with stitching to finish it off. I ended up curling the edges of the pink paper as well, adhering it to the base with foam squares. A vintage crocheted piece is added along the side with some floral ribbon tied in a pretty bow.
So there you have it, a card fit for any bride on her special day :) Don't forget to buy this, and other new Humphrey stamp sets, when they are released on October 20th, at the Crafter's Companion store. Trust me when I say you will have a hard time choosing and will probably want them all!

Have a great week, and watch all week to see more Humphrey goodnesss!

xx
Khristen

4 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

sweet card!!!

kathy said...

Very nice, the lace is beautiful. Great job.

Lisette Morris said...

So Sweet! Pretty lace!

Amy's Designs said...

Beautiful card.