Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Holly shaker card


Hello there. It is Amy here again. This month I decided that I would show as best I could with pictures this easy shaker card. I usually do not like to work with glitter because I usually make a huge mess with it, but I wanted to try my hand at this card.  I painted the Sheena Paint Fusion - Holly and then cut it out. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


I cut out a 5x5 inch card, rounded the edges with my corner chomper, and inked the edges of the card with Fired Red Distress Ink.  Then I cut the striped background at 4.5 inches and adhered it to the red card. I cute out the holly card stock at 5 inches.


I tried to show you how the "shaker" card works but it doesn't look as pretty in the picture. I cut the acetate at 4.5 inches and the holly paper at 5 inches. I then applied some foam tape to the edges of the holly paper. I added some Martha Stewart glitter on top of the Holly inside the card. Then I put the whole card together. I made sure that the glitter was secure in the card and would not make a mess everywhere. It actually worked and I could not believe it. This is the first time I have ever done this and I think I might make some more. I hope you like it and you should try it. It really is easy.  

6 comments:

kathy said...

Very very cool. Looks like snow on the leaves. Great job. Thanks Amy

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fun card!!!

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

I love shaker cards! This is so pretty with the holly.
How fun you took a picture to show how it works...lol
Thanks for sharing

Stacy H-W said...

I've never made a shaker card but I think you have motivated me to try! Love how yours turned out. That holly is really pretty.

Ann Kranitz said...

This turned out great!!! Love it.

Cathy said...

wonderful project. Love it,TFS