Thursday, October 27, 2011

One Special Tree Card


 Hello again from Carmi!  This is my post featuring Sheena Paint Fusion Tree stamps.  This is a new set that Crafter's Companion is launching this month.

 The stamp set features branches, trees and pine cones.

 I wanted to paint one special tree.  I stamped the tree on thick watercolour paper with black ink.

 Using the inked lines as my starting point I then painted all the branches from top to bottom.  I was quite pleased with my tree.  Van Gogh I am not...but when you want to make a card for a special person hand-painting it shows that you care!

 I hand tore my edges and then sewed the tree painting to some Christmas paper.

Then, like all Christmas trees, I added a few decorations!  This will be a card for a special friend!

7 comments:

kathy said...

Super cool, I loved that you used the sewing machine. Great touch.Love the tutorial.The tree is so cute with the red sequines. Thank you for all the hard work. Awesome job.

Ann Kranitz said...

This is fantastic. Love the cool sewing.

Eileen Bergen said...

Actually, your painting does look a bit Van Gogh-ian; but the rhinestones ... definitely not!

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is such a great stamp, and the painting is wonderful Love the design-I think the sewing really gives a special touch

Stacy H-W said...

Carmi, this tree is really pretty. It has taken your card to the next level and will definitely be treasured by whoever receives it.

Excell Print said...

Door hangers templates

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great project!