Monday, November 21, 2011

All Wrapped Up Gift Box

Good morning, Crafter's Companion friends :) I hope all who celebrate it are prepared for the big Thanksgiving feast. I am hosting my parents and a couple of family members, so I'm probably stressing over my to-do list at the same time you are reading this HA!

I was able to sneak into the craft room the other day to create this cute little gift box made with the Humphrey 1st Christmas stamp set. I thought it would be perfect for a certain someone's gift this year, but I will not be divulging who exactly, as they may read this blog post :)

I started with the box my iPhone came in, I just can't seem to throw anything away (and the size/durability of the box was perfect for a gift box!) and used the sides and top as a template. After tracing the width/length, I just cut on the inside of the line and adhered with my Eco Crafts Green Glue. After covering the box in paper, I added some embellishments and the cute stamp which I colored with my new Spectrum Noir markers. These are fantastic, and are my first experience with alcohol ink markers. I still need a bit of practice, but love the smooth coverage and the vibrant coordinating colors! They are available for pre-order right now on the Crafter's Companion site, you need these markers! Not only are they amazing to color with, the price is right too. I think they are the most affordable alcohol ink marker out there, without compromising quality.

The sides of the box
The bottom

I chose a fine glitter for the hat and thick glass bead glitter for the "snow" he's sitting on.

There you have it, an amazing box made from materials already on hand. Look around your world for items just waiting to be repurposed into a gift container this holiday season. Don't forget to head over to the Crafter's Companion site to check out all of the adorable offerings in the Humphrey Christmas line, and pre-order your Spectrum Noir markers as well...I see these being a hot item!

Watch for more great holiday ideas here on the blog, and don't forget to visit us on the challenge blog as well to enter for your chance to win 6 of some our new Humphrey releases. Have a great day!

xx
Khristen

3 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Way to reuse your box!! So cute!!

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is so adorable...I am glad to hear I am not the only person that saves boxes. How fun to use them for gift boxes.
Thanks for sharing this cutie.
I have never tried these markers

kathy said...

So cute, great job. I love the new stamps!