Monday, November 14, 2011

Christmas gift box and Design team announcement

Good morning crafters!  Denise here, with today's project.  I know everyone is looking forward to seeing who our new design team members will be in 2012, but I wanted to share a quick gift box with you first.  I used my very favorite stamp of the new Humphrey Christmas CollectionMeeting Santa.  I think the best part of Christmas is watching my kids tell Santa what they'd like for Christmas, talking about Santa on Christmas eve, and watching their excitement on Christmas morning as they see the presents under the tree.  Though my son is nine already, he still believes Santa comes to our house!  After telling him that Santa only comes to houses where kids believe in him, he doesn't dare not to!  Happily I'll have a lot more years left of Santa Claus fun, as my daughter is only four.




 I colored this precious image with Copic markers.  To create the snow, I covered the area at the bottom of the stamp with Glossy Accents and then poured white irredescent glitter all over the glue.  For the smaller snowflakes falling around Santa, I used a tiny dab of Crystal Stickles.  For Santa's outfit, I applied white liquid applique and let it dry.  Once liquid applique dries, you can heat the area with your heating tool and the applique will puff up and create a unique three dimensional effect.  


I created the box using the The Ultimate Tool and The Boxer board in just a couple minutes and decorated the rest of the box with some paper, stickers, a little sparkling ribbon, and a flower.  Making gift boxes with the Boxer board is so quick and easy, but the really wonderful thing about making gift boxes is the reaction that I get from the people who receive them.  A handmade gift or decoration is always so appreciated.

Now onto the big design team news you've been waiting for:

First, we want to say thank you to everyone who applied to be on the Crafter’s Companion design team for the first half of 2012.  The number of talented people who applied blew us away.  Every single one of you made such fabulous projects; It was incredibly tough to narrow it down to ten people for the new design team!  If you did not make it this time, thank you so much for sharing your talent and time with us.  

Congratulations to the new Crafter’s Companion design team:


Denise Coulter
Dawn Bennett
Trena Brennan
Lisa Hunt
Paula Hurias
Jinky Kowalski
Carolyn LaBille
Dawn Lotharius
Stacy Watson


11 comments:

kathy said...

Congratulations to the new design team. You will have so much fun!! I can't wait to see all the wonderful projects.

kathy said...

The Christmas box is so cute. That's one box that will be framed. The others will be put in a box for next year.

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh my word that is my name up there!!!
I am so excited I am almost speechless!!!
Thank You excited to be joining this team...
Denise your image is adorable as can be and perfect with the box design...

Stacy H-W said...

Congrats to all the new and returning DT!! I'm super excited to be back.

Denise your project today is gorgeous!! I am loving that box so much. That Humphrey image is really just the sweetest thing ever. Actually they are all so super cute I can't choose a favorite!

dmbennett said...

Oh WOW!!!! I am sooo excited to see my name on here. I can't thank you enough for giving me a chance to be on this awesome Design Team.

This is really an adorable image. Love the box design.

Trena in Naperville said...

Thank you Denise!!! I'm looking forward to the adventure with you and Dawn B and Lisa and Paula and Jinky and Carolyn and Dawn L and Stacy!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Khristen said...

Congrats, everyone! I will miss working with all of you but can't wait to see the fun projects you all create :)

JinkyK said...

Congratulations to all the new DT! I am so happy to be back and so excited to be working with you all!

Denise,I love this Christmas gift box of yours. The Humphrey Christmas stamps is so cute!

Anieb said...

wow...very gorgeous design, i am very glad to visit your blog I love the designs you created! great work.

christmas announcement

Amy's Designs said...

Congratulations ladies. Love this card.

beauty said...

The blog contains informational and educational material. The post enhance my thoughts and experience. So nice!
I've got to scramble to keep up with your prodigious output!