Monday, November 28, 2011

Hello Rudolph

Happy Monday crafters!

Denise here, with a fun Christmas card to share with you.  Now that the Thanksgiving weekend is over, it's time for me to go into overdrive trying to prepare for Christmas. That means Christmas cards need to be made and sent out.  This year I find myself using Humphrey the Elephant Christmas Collection for most of my cards.  The images are not only gorgeous, but I find them very easy to color.  As I've only been using alcohol markers for less than a year, this is important to me.  I've found that grey colors, especially, are incredibly easy to blend together.  I used Humphrey's Hello Rudolph stamp set and Sheena Douglass'  Paint Fusion Christmas Tree stamp set to set up a snowy Christmas scene for this card.


This is the first card that I have made using Crafter's Companion brand new Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  These blendable markers are now available for pre-order and you will be thrilled with how budget-friendly they are!   They are only $11.95 per six piece color set.  One side of the markers is a fine tipped nib, while the other side features a thicker chisel shaped nib.  


To create the "snow", I covered the area at the bottom of my card with Glossy Accents and then poured white iridescent glitter all over the clear glue.  It doesn't have to be expensive glitter, I just used Joann's named brand glitter.  I then shook off the excess and pour it back into my bottle of glitter.  (We never want to waste anything, right)?  This quick and easy snow creates an amazing effect on your card that you will want to replicate over and over.

I hope you've enjoyed my card today.  Have a fabulous week!



4 comments:

Kathy said...

so cute,love the stamps and your coloring is great...

Khristen said...

Lovely, aren't the markers awesome? I love the mix of stamps you used, and the glitter snow is one of my favorite things, too :) Gorgeous card, Denise!

Stacy H-W said...

This is a great card!! I love how you made the background with the Sheena Christmas tree stamp set!! It works so perfectly with that Humphrey stamp!!

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

been getting lots of questions about those markers-I am enjoying the inspiration and project using them.
Adorable scene with just the right amount of sparkle