Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Just in time for the holidays

It's never to early to start to think about creating holiday greeting cards. Lynda here to showcase for you one of the newest Paint Fushion sets by Sheena Douglass, Poinsettia:





Poinsettias have always been one of my favorite flowers; the bold colors seem to strike back against the grey and white of the winter season. These new stamps lend themselves to creating some amazing pieces of art. For my card I stamped the petals onto cardstock and went about coloring each one with various shades of Copic markers to achieve a more realistic look. I then cut out each petal and assembled my flower; I used a circle I cut from spare cardstock as my base so I could bend and fold the petals to look more real. I used some dimensional paint for my center to make the little orange centers really pop off my card.



I hope my card inspires you to get a jump start on your holiday card planning. Be sure to keep an eye on the blog as the other designers show you other releases from this series.

Happy crafting....Lynda

4 comments:

Stacy H-W said...

Very pretty!

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is such a beautiful flower and fun vibrant colors. It is an inspiration

kathy said...

Great job!! Love the music sheet paper. Goes perfect with the flower.

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful Lynda, I love the music sheet and the gold on the Poinsettia.