Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sheena Douglas Paint Fusion Holly Basket


Hello everyone! It is Stacy here today on the first day of November trying to ease you into that Christmas holiday spirit! I can't help myself because I just LOVE this time of year. Ask any of my friends and they will tell you how much I love all things Christmas. So you can just imagine my excitement when I opened up my goodies from Crafter's Companion and found this yummy Sheena Douglas Paint Fusion Holly set! I think I might have even squealed a little bit!! LOL

These Paint Fusion Sets from Sheena are so versatile you can paint the stamped images or color with your markers or pencils. You can use them on cards, layouts or altered items. Your only limit is your imagination. And they are so easy to paint too. To make my project I got out my acrylic paints and I really only used 4 colors, green, cream, red and brown. I stamped out the images on paper and then painted the holly leaves. I added the berries with a little red paint on the tip of my pencil eraser and then highlighted them with a little white paint. After the paint dried, I fussy cut them out and I used them to decorate this basket that I will have sitting out next to my fireplace this Christmas. The pine cones are from my yard and I added a little cinnamon oil to them. It makes them have such a great scent!

You could easily paint several of these stamped Holly images up to decorate your own baskets and fill them with treats to give to your friends or co-workers this coming holiday season. I think something like my famous (in my mind) Pumpkin Bread would be a wonderful addition to any gift basket you make. And wait for it....I'm going to share my recipe with you today! Aren't you excited!! LOL

Stacy's Famous (In her mind) Pumpkin Bread


Ingredients & Directions


3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. allspice
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups pumpkin
2/3 cup water
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, spices and sugar. Add oil, eggs, pumpkin and water, beating until well blended. Stir in pecans.

Pour batter into 2 lightly greased 9x5x3 pans.

Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Wrap in plastic wrap and insert into your Sheena Douglas Paint Fusion Holly decorated baskets!!

Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time....happy scrapping!!!

7 comments:

Lisette Morris said...

Fantastic box! Your painting is fabulous! Thanks for the recipe too! I love Pumpkin anything!

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is amazing and such a fun idea.Such a great Recipe also

kathy said...

Wonderful project, Thank you for the recipe. I can't wait until these stamps come out.You paint very well.

Ann Kranitz said...

Great recipe and project.

JinkyK said...

WOW.. what a perfect combo project, Stacy! RECIPE + PACKAGING = PERFECT! Love it!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wonderful project Stacy!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

i love it!