Monday, December 5, 2011

Cheers!

Good morning! I hope this Monday morning finds everyone well. We had quite the hectic weekend with yet another birthday party for my son who turned 4 on 11/30 (my oldest daughter turned 12 last weekend on the 26th, so I am pretty wiped out from all of the chaos.) I'm happy, however, that I can focus on the upcoming Christmas holiday.

The birthdays of November always have me rushing around searching for the "perfect" gift for everyone on my list. With 3 children, one tends to forget about all of the others you have to buy for, and end up with some last minute decisions to make. Sometimes, the best gift is an indulgent one, and this old tin that used to contain liquor seemed to be a great item to repurpose for future use as a gift box for another bottle of liquor.

I began by adhering my patterned paper around the tin using my spray adhesive. I find this is the easiest way to adhere paper to metal with an odd shape, such as this container.
A second piece is sprayed and adhered.
I chose the Auld Lang Syne stamp set in the new Humphrey Christmas collection, the perfect fit for the item to eventually go inside the tin, coloring it in with Crafter's Companion's newest alcohol ink markers you've been hearing about, Spectrum Noir. I love them so very much, and love the price even more :) (Hurry over to pre-order your very own set right now!) When it was colored, I added some Patina Stickles, rounded the corners, and matted it. Finally, I adhered it to the box with foam strips to lift it up off of the background.

Twine was wrapped along the bottom, as well as the "cheers" sentiment, adhered with more foam strips.
Here is the finished product, ready for a bottle to be placed inside and given as a Christmas gift.

Of course, I added this lovely felt flower to the top :)

That's all for today. Watch all week for ways to make that Christmas gift or card even more special with Crafter's Companion. Have you been over to our challenge blog? You should, there's a wonderful prize up for grabs! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

xx
Khristen

3 comments:

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

How fun is this re-purpose of the tin. Love that felt flower. Such a fun image with Humphrey.

JinkyK said...

Great altered project Khristen! I love the bright colors you used in this project.

Kathy said...

Love it. So colorful. Great Idea.