Thursday, December 8, 2011

Digital PopCorn Birthday!


 Hello again from Carmi!
I don't know about you but I have lots of December birthday greetings to send.  I think December babies get a little lost in the holiday season....so I always make sure to send friends celebrating a birthday this month both a birthday and a Christmas card.  These two cards feature fabulous art I downloaded from my Popcorn the Bear Birthday CD.
 I really need you to see these cards lying down.  They are really three dimensional.
 This is what my computer screen looked like when I was browsing through the Popcorn CD.  These two sheets are favorites.  I love the bright colours.

 One of the cards I made is a classic pyrimage and the second is a pyrimage twister.  I like to build these
3D images up with dimensional glue.

 One card is a gate fold which I made in seconds on my Ultimate (no measuring required)!

 The twister card needs a little extra thought as you build up the layers.  By using glue I have the opportunity to move things into place like I did with layer two...which was askew....

 The classic pyrimage turned out beautiful!  I glued some real ribbons over the printed ones to add one more layer.

December friends...cards are on there way!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Love these, so cute. Beautiful work.Great job!!

Stacy H-W said...

I have December birthdays to honor too. My niece was born on Christmas Day and my cousin on Christmas Eve. Either of these cards would be something they would be thrilled to get. Wonderful job on them Carmi!

Brenda said...

I have always wanted to try my hand at this type of card and your detailed instructions make it easy to follow. Either of these cards would be adorable for my granddaughter's 1st Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

Edie C said...

Wow these are great, I love your work and the chance at winning a great give away prize on every blog looks like it could be fun. Edie