Thursday, December 1, 2011

DIY 3D Christmas Envelopes

Hello everyone! Jinky here, and today I won't be sharing a Card or Gift Box project. Instead, I decided to make DIY 3D Envelopes. For those of you who love to make 3D greeting cards like me, I know you can relate when I say that most of the time we discover that we don't have envelopes that will accommodate the thickness of the beautiful 3D cards we've created. 



Actually, if you just spare a little time and if you have the Enveloper / Envelobox board of Crafter's Companion, you can easily create a 3D envelopes. 


A chart is available here with a guide on envelope size and thickness. 


This 3D envelope was decorated  with the Sheena Douglas Christmas Stamps


I added some embellishments/ribbons and voila, I just created a a presentable envelope for my 3-dimensional card. 

The How To of my 3D Envelope


That's it my friends, you still have plenty of time to add elegance to your Christmas cards this season. Make your DIY envelopes that will coordinate perfectly with your handmade cards creations. You will be happy with the result. 

Thanks for stopping by and hope I inspire you today! 


6 comments:

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

These are beautiful envelopes-so colorful and fun. I would hate to throw away...lol
These are a must for Christmas cards now.

Kathy said...

Beautiful Job,as always.Love the colors you picked out. I love what you did to the inside,perfect!

Khristen said...

I love them so much, Jinky! the patterned paper you used for the lining is wonderful, and the Sheena stamp is perfect. The ribbon: a perfect finishing touch! Amazing! I think the red envelope with the berries tied in it is my favorite :)

xx
Khristen

Edie C said...

Wow I love your work and the chance at winning a great give away prize on every blog looks like it could be fun. I can think of a few things I would like to do with a set of new Spectrum Noir alcohol markers. So I would love to be the lucky winner please. Edie

Sheryl said...

How fun !!! So many cute ideas. I will be sure to come back here.

Hank hendricks said...

How you picked this colors..I wish to use it in Gift Card envelopes.