Monday, December 26, 2011

Shop 'Til you Drop

Good morning crafters!  Hope everyone that celebrates Christmas, had a wonderful day filled with family and food!  Since today is traditionally a busy shopping day, I thought I'd share the Shop 'til you Drop S.w.a.l.k. Winter stamp.


To make this quick present card base, I used the card feature on the Hello Kitty Cricut Cartridge.  

I colored my image with the new Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.  These rich, beautiful colors are from Crafter's Companion Spectrum Noir markers.  The markers have a fine nib on one side of the marker and a broad chisel point on the other.  The fine nib make coloring in small areas easy.  My favorite part of these markers though are the ability to blend colors together.  You can see on her face where the pink of her cheeks blends into the lighter pink of her face.  I used a little darker of a pink directly under hair as well, creating a very subtle shadow effect.  




This is my last project for Crafter's Companion.  I've decided to step down as the Design Team Coordinator of their two fabulous blogs in order to focus more of my time with my family.  Instead, I will be following along with all of you as a loyal customer :)   They have some fabulous new stamp collections coming out this year that I can't wait to get my hands on!  


Have a wonderful day crafters!  Especially to those of you who are out there fightling the crowds for the deals :)

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I love it!!! Great color combination. so cute.

derry said...

This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. It’s great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

gorgeous card Denise - you will be missed!

Trena in Naperville said...

What a great idea Denise!! Adorable card and lovely coloring!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Pat said...

Going to miss you!!! But family always comes first! Love the card. I just got the REDS and PINKS pcks of Spectre noir markers and can't wait to use them!! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for all the inspiration and commitment in the last year.

Pendra said...

Cute card and I like the way you think... let the shoppers fight it out, I'm staying home! Enjoy your family, it is the greatest thing you will ever know and do! Good luck!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra

Khristen said...

What an adorable card! Love that present shape, isn't it great how versatile cricut carts can be? You will be greatly missed here and at the challenge blog, but I'll still be following along with your own personal blog. I know you'll keep on crafting :) All the best to you, enjoy all that family time!