Thursday, December 22, 2011

SWALK Warm Hearts Ornament


Hello everyone and I hope you are enjoying the festive season.  
This is Carmi blogging for the last time for the Crafter's Companion US Blog.  I have really enjoyed all the projects I have worked on this year!
 The new SWALK sets are all fabulous.  My project has a size maximum so I needed to work with a stamp image that would fit in a preselected space. 

 My idea was to stamp this cute girl and penguins on card stock so that I could stand the image up in a plastic ornament.
 Coloring her was fun!  She looks like she had spent some time at the hair dresser!
Once I placed her in the plastic ornament and added some wired jewels to the base I tried to find a spot to photograph her.  It is very hard to take a picture of a reflective ball!
Here is a better close up.  Isn't she festive?

10 comments:

lindah11 said...

beautiful ornament the image fits perfectly
hugs linda xxx

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

Such an adorable idea-this ornament is so cute

Kathy said...

omgosh this is adorable,what a great idea.And your coloring is awesome...Super job.

Lisa said...

Aww this is lovely ... what a great idea!

Lisa x

Denise said...

Your ornament is gorgeous Carmi! I love this!!!

Carmi said...

Thanks everyone! These plastic ornaments are already on sale at Michaels.....I think I will pick up a pile and remember to do this next year..a little earlier in the season!

Louba said...

This is beautiful x :)

Stacy H-W said...

Super fun project Carmi! It is an awesome one to end with. You will be missed around here! Hugs!

Trena in Naperville said...

What a cute idea Carmi!! It turned out great!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

derry said...

Very entertaining subject, I will bookmark your website to check out if you publish more in the future. Thanks!