Monday, January 9, 2012

Art Kure - Lower Slaughter

Hi! Jen (JLJ Designs) here again. When I looked at the new stamps from the Art Kure line they just screamed watercolor pencils to me. So I dug mine out, bought a new water pencil and got to work. I really love this one - Lower Slaughter. I love how the buildings are reflected in the water. When I was done coloring, I added iridescent glitter to all the snowy parts. I sprayed the bottom card with gold pearlescent spray and the image with iridescent pearlescent spray. These cards REALLY shine, although I can never get that to photograph well.

I ended up making a set of note cards that I've sent to my husband's grandmother. She loves to send cards and write letters and can't get out as much to buy the nice cards she likes.

Happy Crafting!

Jen

11 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful. Love the the colors. Looks so bright and happy on a cold winters day. Great job.

Carla said...

Nice work! It reminds me of up North for sure! I'm lovin the South in Florida without the snow!

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Jen

Hugs Julie x

Paula Huiras said...

Pretty card-love the glitter andalso how you framed it.
PH

Marge said...

Love the clean, simple lines.

Trena in Naperville said...

Very pretty Jen! I dig your coloring and subtle bling.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Stacy H-W said...

Jen, this card is really pretty. I'm sure your grandmother will be totally thrilled to receive a whole set of them to send out!! I love the quiet elegance of this stamp line and I'm sure she will too

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is such a wonderful scene-and your coloring is wonderful-especially the water. How nice to make these note cards.

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

gorgeous colors Jen!

thescrapmaster said...

Really pretty, Jen!

thescrapmaster said...

Really pretty, Jen!